AD15VT review by Vox

Vox: AD15VT

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I use a Gibson Les Paul with it, and for blues and classic rock it is perfect. The amp is really pretty quiet, even at high volumes. The amp can make pretty much any sound you could want, the quality of the sound is exceptional for what I use it for as well. The clean channel is distorted when its gain is cranked, as it should be I might add. With the gain down and at a reasonable volume the clean channel is very clear. I'm not a granny, so reasonable volume is pretty loud.

This is a good match for blues players who just want a small amp with great tone and volume. I've been playing for 9 years (I'm 14) and I own a Gibson Les Paul, a Marshall 100DFX, a Squire Strat (beginner electric, don't laugh), an Ibanez TubeScreamer, an Electro-Harmonix Small Clone, a Crybaby wah, an MXR Phaser, and a Morely Volume pedal. Some of these effects distort the amp a bit, and the screamer just ruins the sound, so I don't use my pedal board with it. If this amp was stolen or lost I would buy a Fender tube amp, maybe a Twin Reverb or something. I love the tone of this one though.

The amp has never broken down in any way, and I would definitely use it at a gig without backup.

I play classic rock and blues, and the boutique clean amp setting is perfect for that overdriven tube amp sound. I use the AC30 setting for heavier things, but I mostly stick to the overdriven clean channel. You can program the two channels to whatever amp settings you want. I don't use most of the amp settings, but they are nice to have for when people come over to jam and want to show off their stuff in different styles. I mostly use this amp in my room, and to record, so it has power enough, and maybe a little extra. For a 15 watt it screams! Obviously it has a tube preamp, so it is naturally louder than a solid state amp.

crazynickman
    i was thinking of gettin this amp, maybe the 30 though for small gigs. sounds like it would work for me. thanks