AD15VT review by Vox

Vox: AD15VT

Purchased from: Guitar Guitar

I'm running a Epiphone Les Paul through this, with a Boss DS-1, Daneelctro Fab Overdrive and Chorus, and a Dunlop GCB-95 wah-wah pedal. The sound is good, and suits my needs. The amp models are great for different styles. I play generally hard rock and 80's metal, but a little bit of punk rock and blues, so having a selection of amp models is great. I love the "UK modern" amp model because it doesn't have too much distortion, but isn't light either. For metal, the "US high gain" and "nu-metal" amp models are best suited, as you can tell, for the high gain. The cleans are pretty decent for a modelling amp, and the distortion is okay, but I prefer to use my Boss DS-1 for the distortion as it is much better quality the amps, and generally sounds better. I used to have a Marshall MG30DFX, but that thing broke twice, and the AD15VT kicks it's butt!

I'm giving this a 9. The amp is definately a great purchase for home practice, and for the price, for me, it beats off all other competitors running along the same price line. Definately look into the AD15VT if you just want a nice small home practice amp. It is worth every penny!

I've had no trouble whatsoever with the reliability of the AD15VT. It is well built, and seems like it could take a few knocks without breaking. I wouldn't gig with this because it isn't powerful enough, and if I was gigging, I wouldn't choose a modelling amp to play with, because I prefer the normal SS/Tube amp sound.

The AD15VT was made sometime in 2004 I believe. The AD15VT has eleven pre-amp models to choose from, and multiple effects. There is the standard Gain, Treble, Middle and Bass knobs, and a Volume and Master volume knob. There is two channels, which are able to be switched between by pressing the button or by the footswitch. There is also a "write" button which lets you store your settings to the selectred channel, and there is a "bypass" button which lets you bypass the effects.

weve
    This is kool practice amp, no need for pedals. Bought one abot a week ago.
    satans_banjo
    One of the best amps ever made to be honest. If you only have 100 to spend look no further, simple as /discussion