AD15VT review by Vox

Vox: AD15VT

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music Centre (Hong Kong)

I am using a Fender Standard Telecaster with 2 Hot Standard Tele Single-Coil Pickups. I play a lot of classic rock like Led Zeppelin to Guns N' Roses. I think that because of the many different amp models and effects, it makes it easy to get the sound of my favourite guitarists as long as I tweak the amp to the right settings. I find that the distortion handles mid-gain distortion quite well. The amp has a very clear sound which is very good for clean stuff.

I play a lot of classic rock, but I also play many different other styles like blues and some metal and this amp handles them well. I have been playing guitar for 3 and a half years, a year being an acoustic player. I own a Fender Standard Telecaster, Squier Affinity Stratocaster, Fender Frontman 15G, DigiTech DF-7 and a Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby along with the Vox AD15VT I am reviewing about. I don't think there is anything I wish I'd asked before buying this amp because I am very pleased about it. If it were stolen/lost, I would definately buy this amp again, but maybe a Roland Cube instead if I didn't. What I love about this amp is that I can play in so many styles of music and in many different tones of artists. I love the amp models and I find that I use the UK 70's and UK 80's a lot as they are good models. One thing I didn't like is that it didn't come with a foot Switch pedal which would have been useful. I wish it had that, and some more knobs for presence etc. and some more effects and have two effect knobs so you can combine more to your choice.

I think that I can depend on this amp. I have only purchased it recently, but this amp seems very dependable and I would use it in a gig without a backup. This amp seems very reliable and I don't see it ever braking down on me for a long time as it seems very durable.

The Vox AD15VT is made in 2004. I think that this is very versatile and is able to play any genre of music. Though it is not the greatest for metal, it can still get a sound for it. The amp had 11 different amp models and 11 different effects. This makes is what makes it so versatile. There are 2 channels that you can save your own settings onto using the 'write' button. Unfortunately, a channel foot Switch is not included so if you don't buy one, it will be slightly irritating. There is also a headphone jack and a line out. It has an amp, gain, volume, treble, middle, bass, effects and a master volume knobs. There is also a bypass Switch which will leave out the extra effects. The amp is a 15 watt modelling amp. I use this amp as a practice amp at home and I find that this is too loud for home practice. Though I don't gig, I think that it would be powerful enough for small shows.

TheUsedSound
    LesPaul313 wrote: can this amp play with a drum kit?
    C'mon, it's a 15W-amp! Theorically, it wouldn't stand a chance next to a drum kit, but, I own it, and I can tell it is pretty loud... probably with a mic, it would be perfect small gigs.
    NewGuitarGuru
    I own this amp, and I have used it with drums. Not only can it compete, and can dominate. This is a wicked value, that is scarily loud for its size. Though, I am not sure how well it would hold out if it was pushed.
    mongo_man
    I got this amp aswell. I use it on a Ibanez RG350EX, and a Epiphone Les Paul Studio, and it's sounds really good for it's price. But if you have played for a while, I would buy something more powerfull. It gives nice clean sound, but if you want to get Metal sound, you need a effect pedal. I use a Marshall Guv'Nor 2 Effeckt Pedal, and with that it sounds pretty good, but you can't play gigs with this amp.
    cyclefreak207
    this thing deffinately gets loud. and i love the preset amps. if you know what kinda sound you want you can go to it, and then dial it in from there.
    andyd93
    thezep, it doesnt have any tubes involved, it is an SS amp that has technology involved to make it sound like it is a real valve amp.
    xvasmx
    for my opinion this amp is amazing even if it was a model amp i'd used it at small gigs ive already played it in a couple of places and its amazing i havent even cranked it to hte max and its realy loud!
    cutter222
    the amps loud and fairly easy to use... but limited with effects and stuff, especially if you want to play anything with deeper dirty sounds. ie metal...