AD15VT review by Vox

Vox: AD15VT

Price paid: C$ 240

Purchased from: Cosmo Music

Currently, I am using a Squier Fat Strat with it. It suits my music style perfectly, which is Classic Rock, a lot of Blues Rock and hard rock. It can be slightly noisy at hi-gain settings/amp styles(US High Gain, Numetal, UK Modern). But I am using single coils with it.You can get almost any sound you want from this amp. The clean channel remains beautifully clean even at high volumes. The distortion is amazing and gives you anywhere from smooth little dirt to gritty and sharp.

With the music I play this is perfect, it suits all the styles I play (blues, blues rock, hard rock, alt rock, soft rock, psychedelic rock, slow rock). The sounds you can get from it are amazing perfect for a whole variety of other styles. I also own a Roland Cube15 and I find this a big step up and difference.My Squier fat strat just sounds amazing with the AD15VT. I love pretty much everything about it, but it would be better if there were 2 knobs for the effects so you can choose which ones you want to mix. The only other thing that would be better is that if they included the footswitch instead of having to buy it seperately. If this was stolen or lost I'll definately get naothero ne except maybe the AD30VT or the AD50VT so I can use it in bigger gigs. In the end these are one of those things you'd if your a beginner, looking for a lot of versatility, useful for experimenting and most of all an amazing adittion to your gear.

I can depend on htis amp in a gig, but only for small gigs since it is only a 15 watt. But for a 15 watt this is very very loud, for I Have played it in a gig before in a large hall and it was strong enough to reach the far corners of the hall without using any mics. So far it also hasn't broken down or anything and the amp is strong enough for a few hits and bumps. The only thing that can get scratched or damaged is the weak metal cover of the speakers for it is made of a softer kinf od metal. But other than that this will lasty you a long time even if you do bump it a couple of times.

This amp has 4 channels in total: - Preset - Manual - 2 Channels you can save your own settings It has a lot of built in effects, some being combined: - Auto Wah - Compressor - Compressor + Phaser - Compressor + Chorus - Chorus + Delay - Chorus + Reverb - Flanger + Reverb - Tremolo + Reverb - Rotary + Reverb - Delay - Reverb This amplifier also has different amp styles you can choose from like: - Boutique Clean - Black 2x12 - Tweed 4x10 - AC15 - AC30TB - UK'70s - UK'80s - UK Modern - Numetal - US Higain - Boutique Overdrive This amp is perfect for almpst every style and can even handle a bit of metal. For my styles this amplifier is perfect, Sincei play a lot of classic rock, I can play anywhere from Blues to Slow Rock to Hard Rock.You can get sounds that can come very very close to Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton and more.

Funeral Moon
    I bought this amp for about $200 a few months ago. The preset amp models have pretty good tones, but you should try to dial in your own sound. My preferred tone for metal is the gain, volume all the way up, the treble at about 8, the middle at 2, the bass at 6 or 7. Overall it's a good amp for intermidiate players like myself who play at home. It's definitely an big step up from my Fender Frontman 15g amp.