AD15VT review by Vox

Vox: AD15VT

I'm using this amp with a mexican classic player Fender Jaguar. This amp gives one of the greatest cleans I've ever heard in my life! The distortion on the other hand, kinda puts me away, thought my EH Metal Muff solves that easily. It's not like the distorted amp models are garbage or anything, they're just not really interesting sounding at all. Still a tad better than the distortion on those Line 6 spider amps, though. I guess the distortion could be good for rock or slow, sabbathy/ candlemass-ish heavy/doom metal, and it can handle high gain without much background fuzz, but it's not much for shredding or death metal. The brilliant cleans outweigh the boring distortions, though.

I mostly play metal, like Death, Dying Fetus, In Flames, At the Gates, Cynic, Iron Maiden, Cryptopsy, etc, but I'm into a fair bit of alt.rock, classic rock, experimental music, and jazz as well. Honestly, the amp distortion gets a bit muddy when doing fast riffing. I already have a distortion pedal which sounds great on this amp though, so I obviously bought it for the cleans and the effects. You can shape very natural-sounding, immersive sound with this amp, especially with the wide range of effects it gives you. Perfect for ballads/ alt.rock/ jazz. This is definitly a step up from my 50 dollar tom lee brand amp, though. Get this amp if you want beautiful, warm sounding tone. If you have a distortion pedal, get this amp if you want pretty much any tone you want. If this got stolen, I would definitly buy it back. Or hunt the guy down, and commence various experiments on him inspired by cannibal corpse song titels, and then taking his wallet to buy another one.

I've only had this amp for a short while now, so I can't really tell, this thing looks like it could take a good beating or two. But since my old garbage amp failed on me after 2 years of playing, I think I'm going to take good care of this one!

Pretty sweet amp! It's got 11 effects: Auto wah, compression, reverb, delay, comp+phaser, comp+chorus, chorus+delay, chorus+reverb, flanger+reverb, tremelo+reverb, and rotary+reverb. It has 11 amp models, a button for presets, 2 channels (you can save your own tone settings on them), and a bypass Switch. For the amp models, I usually stick with "Boutique clean". It gives a really warm, airy, jazzy kinda tone. You can get a pretty nice Sabbathy tone out of "UK 70'S", too. I'm not so interested in the sounds of the other amp models. The distorted ones are kinda choppy sounding, honestly. The effects though, are pretty flawless. I usually use rotary+reverb to get a nice, Fly By Night era Rush tone. I wish there was an octave effect, but meh, 11 effects are definitly good enough for me. The programmable channel switches are real useful for having one sound for home practicing, and another for gigs.

warrenguitar
    I own this amp, its great, works well with any type of sound you want. It has adjustable effects and amps on it and looks really cool with the silver grid in front. I paid $175. Worth every cent! Its Numetal amp is the best!
    SilverSpurs616
    My college has one of these or something very similar, and it really is a great amp. I'm hoping to get one myself