AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

I'm using this with a Mexican Fat Strat, and I play classic rock and blues. It sounds aboslutely amazing. I can get any sound I want out of it. I can create a variety of sounds, from a classic Fender Twin Reverb, all the way to a metal, Mesa Boogie sound. I never thought it would be this versatile. The tube gives such a sweet distortion. I used to be really jealous of my friend who has a DeVille, which has an incredible distortion, but this comes pretty close. I love the slightly overdriven tube sound. The effects also sound really good, and it even has a compressor in it! I never thought I'd be able to afford anything close to a tube amp, but I stumbled upon this. It's pretty easy to get a good setting, even if you're a newbie, except maybe for just a couple of the amp models.

This is the best amp I've ever played through. My cousin has a Marshall MG100DFX, and ever since he played through my Vox, he wants to buy the 100W Valvetronix. I bought this to replace my cruddy little Crate GLX15, and this Vox goes above and beyond my expectations of any amp. I've been playing through two years. The only amps I've ever played through are a Fender Princeton 65 DSP, a Crate GLX15, and a DeVille. With the exception of the DeVille, it blows the other two out the window. I love all the amp options, sweet distortion, and the effects it provides. I don't even need my MT-2 anymore. If this was stolen, I would find the guy, bash his head in with the grill, and take it home.

This thing is like a rock. The metal grill in the front is durable, and I could probably kick it and nothing would happen.

This amp is pretty recently made, 2005 I think. It's part of Vox's new Valvetronix line. It's a hybrid style amp, so it has a tube in it. It's a modeling amp and it has 11 different amp models, as well as 11 different effects. It has a gain, volume, treble, middle and bass knobs. You can save two desired setttings. It has a headphone jack, as well as a jack for an optional footswitch. It has a metal grill in the front, which makes it look awesome.