AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

I use an Ibanez RGT42DXFX with an EMG '85 in the neck and an EMG '81 in the bridge. This amp gets mostly every sound I want. The 11 effects in the amp can keep you from buying effect pedals for awhile. You can get that classic chicago blues sounds, deep purple light classic rock distortion, '70s punk sound to todays heavy metal high amp sound. I mostly play heavy metal, but I also play punk, alternative, and any genre from rock. The clean sounds sound very clean at high levels. The amp sound the best when playing it at max volume level. You can tweak every effect like speed up the effects, change the sensitivity levels of the auto wah, and the timing of the delay. and You can tweak the entire sound of the amp with a different vaccum tube. The distortion comes close to todays heavy metal acts.

For the price you can't get a better sounding tube amps than this. This is my first amp I ever bought. I tried several amps in the store, but fell in love with the different effects on it. Many of the different 30 watt amps don't even compare to this. I'm thinking of buying the 50 watt version of this amp.

This amp is bulit to last. A metal frame infront of the speaker. The only thing I didn't like is that the black cover over the wood is a sticker. You can pull it off easily and you'll have a homemade looking amp. It durable for an tube amp, I dropped it a couple of time and it still works. I wouldn't suggest dropping it down the stairs. You do have to change the one tube in the amp. Which I had a hard time trying to get to it. I can see the tube, but can find the way to it.

The only problem I had with this amp is that you can only save two sound on the two channel settings. I wish this amp have more channels to save the different sounds this amps produces.