AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

I play a shine sil61 with has a very bassy and metal sound to it which just adds to the many types of sounds you can get with this guitar, with a flick of a button you can switch to heavy metal and with another flick you can swap straight back to a sound with no distortion which is perfect for classical. This amp has hundreds of combinations you can make (11 voices and 11 effects bass knob and more) all that stuff can make 100's of sounds! This amp has some of the most brutal distortion I have ever played with, ever heard the band In Flames? Well this amp can achieve more distortion than they can.

As I said before I play metal, rock and classical which the amp can handle very very well. I have been playing for about 2 years and I play a Shine Sil61 (which happens to be the greatest guitar ever made by a man). If my amp were lost or stolen I would hunt down the people who stole it and beat them up with the butt of my guitar and take the amp back, so yeah I would buy it again. I love everything about this amp, I don't hate anything about it. I wish it made coffee though, thats the only thing I wish it could do.

I play gigs with this amp and it holds out well, the only major problem I've had is that the place where you plug the lead from the guitar in the screw on the jack comes undone and you have to take the amp apart to get it back out which is a pretty major job. Sorry if that didn't make sense but I'm not very good with words. I would always have a backup for gigs but I cant afford another amp so this one has to do.

I'm not sure of the year that the amp was made in but it seems fairly new. I mainly play rock and heavy metal which the amp has no problem handling, just crank up the distortion on the most metal sounding voice and you have a great heavy metal weapon. There is a headphones jack but for some reason it only works 50% of the time, I find this a bit strange and frustrating.