AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: Crowley's Music Shop

The distortion on this amp is really heavy. There is pre-amp settings so you can make it sound really heavy metal or just light. The clean amp mode is really crisp. There is a great sound off it. But sometimes the distortion can become blurry and you just have to turn it off. But it's mostly crisp, clean quality.

I have lots of other gear, but this would be my most valued piece of equipment. I started out with a 0 Watt amp so this was a big step up. This amp will probably last me about three years. So big thumbs up for this Voxbox.

I would definetly use this for a gig. Apart from the fact that I can't afford another amp, it's very reliable and I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

This amp is a very good amp. It is worth every cent of the 260 Euro it costs. You get real power out of the 30 watts. There is 11 effects on it including wah, reverb, delay, chorus and flanger. A lot of these effects are used in metallica songs, which I play a lot of. So it's the perfect amp for me. It has a jack at the back for headphones or a foot pedal which is very handy if you dont wanna disturb other people when playing. The only complaint I have is when you want to really turn up the power when playing with a band, it starts squeaking really loud, but thats only when youre close by the amp. It's also dissapointing that there's only two channels. I would prefer more for easier switching between effects.

dbstudios
    I have one of these also. I'ts a great practice amp. Like stated above it sounds best at higher volumes. It's not full tube amp, but it's close to the sound of a full tube amp. DB
    lyxzen
    This is a tube amp, it just happenes to have a digital modelling circut as well. And as for the ECC83 as mentioned in the second review, it is acctually set up as a push/pull output section (NOT preamp) followed by a transparent solid state amp to increase it's volume.
    creamsoda90
    This amp is so f'ing good!!!! i love it!!! If you dont have buy it YOU WILL NOT REGRET!!!
    ov-1
    it is tube preamp with solid state power amp. Half the above reviews are shills. Amazing how nicely they write, good grammer, good spelling. don't trust what you read here. i have no idea whether this is a good amp. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill