AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I'm using this amp with an Ibanez GSA60, with whatever pickups came with it. It suits my style well, while it have effects for when I want it to sound different, and it can also pump of great sound for '70s rock, '80s metal, '90s grunge, and even modern rock. The amp can get noisy depedning of course on how loud you put it. The variety of sound on this amp offers alot of variety. You can get anything from a bright clean tone, to a dark clean tone, to light '70s gain, to dark '80s metal, basicaly anything you want, this amp can handle. The clean sounds crisp, and doesn't get very distorted at high volumes. The distortion can get brutal, depending on the amp settings. If your on the US hi-gain or nu-metal settings, with gain at 10, and the compressor effect on, it gets brutal, but its not bad mostly. The sound is great, and I get get many tones out of it. The only problem I had was the types of gain, yet its possible, its a little difficult to get a type of gain thats not heavy, but not light. If there was an added amp setting that offered a medium gain, it would be nice, but you can still acheive this sound.

I play most types of rock. Mostly classic rock, and some '90s-modern. It's a great match, especially for its price. I have been playing guitar for about 6 months. I also own a Fender Frontman 15G amp, and this blows it out of the water. If it was stolen, I would either buy this, or save up a little more cash for the 50-60 watt model, just to be safe for gigging, but I'm sure this amp could handle small gigs. I love the versatility of the amp, I never get bored. What I hate about it, is when you turn the amp off, then back on, it resets the effect, so if you had delay or reverb on, it returns to wah, which can be annoying. I compared this to the Roland Cube 30, and I picked this because the Cube 30 was more for metal, and the Vox is more for classic rock, but can handle most types of music. I wish you could use some of the effects together, insted of just one at a time.

I can really depending on this amp. If I were gigging, I would be able to trust this amp without a backup. I dont think the amp has ever deteriorated in any way, though I've only had it for a month or two. I have yet to have any problems with it.

I'm not completely sure what year it was made it, but It seems like it was made recently, it's not like a Vintage amp. This amp is very versatile. I can play anything from Red Hot Chili Peppers, to Joe Satriani, to Metallica, to Audioslave, and this amp does everything nicely. It has a variety of different settings, including 11 different amp types, gain, treble, middle, bass, and 11 built-in effects. There is also 2 channels that you can prgoam. There is also an imput for the footswitch, which is well worth it, especially if you want even more versatility.