AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: long and mcquade

I'm currently using this with a shitty Yamaha erg, but even with that guitar I can dish out some nice bluesy tones with the black 2x12 and tweed setting, set in the neck pickup. There is barely any feedback unless you press your pickups right up to the speakers, and even then only when in the distortion channels. However some downsides I find is that the clean channels are unbalanced in volume with the distorted channels. You can set the volumes equal and then save the settings, but it can get frustrating to get the volume balanced. What I find really amazing is the UK '70s setting, the one I use the most. Turning up the gain and two volumes to the max, and then adjusting the volume level with the watt knob at the back, you get a really brilliant and nice distortion. Turn the volume down on your guitar and you get a laid back clean. Good job on this one, Vox.

I play blues rock, hard rock and sometimes a bit of funk. This guitar really brings out the tone of any guitar. Unfortunately the footswitch is sold separately but since I like using one setting I'm fine without it for now. seriously guys, UK '70s is the setting for you. Compared to those Roland cubes and crates, this one really blows them away. If lost or stolen I'd probably get myself a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe though. a nice amp for small gigs and jamming, the drums will not overpower this baby.

I can really depend on this amp, a proud owner for 4 months now. Every saturday our band jams together, so I have to haul this amp around in the trunk of the car. It can withstand beatings from mohammad ali, thanks to the front metal grille. Backup amps are not required, although if you're gigging the amps sound won't fill more than a small school gym. The preamp tubes hardly have to be changed. only thing I reccommend to everyone who owns this amp is to buy an L-shaped lead for the amp, do not use a straight jack into the input because the input will eventually fall down and you'll have to fish it out again.

Amp was made in 2005. 30 watts, loud enough to wake up your neighbors due to the seemingly loud tube preamps. This one is quite versatile with many different channels and 11 effects. Sadly, I wish that the amp had an effects loop and an external speaker output, but the higher end models (50VT and 100VT) have them. The thing is, I would not reccomend getting anything past 50 watts in the valvetronix series, because in the price range beyond that you can get better amps such as the Marshall TSL series.

nepunk79
    Constantine
    nepunk79 wrote: Somebody help. I'm seriously looking at this amp. Been Playing for about 8 months and ready for something beside my small, cheesy Peavey practice amp. I need an amp with good, pop-punky distortion that can also do some classic rock and older country. Only problem, I practice when my kid's sleeping and need something that can acheive good distortion at lower volumes. Please help.
    I've got this amp now.... Basically, In addition to the 2 volume controls, It also has a knob on the back which changes how many watts it takes!... Sounds odd I know, but the idea behind it is very good... You can crank the master volume, so that the pre-amp tube is overdriven (which is when it sounds the best) but, you can change the volume of the amp itself by lowering the watts... Perfect for at home, AND for gigs. And yes, the auto wah is somewhat pitiful... Just buy a Crybaby.