AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I tend to play lots of different styles of music. On most amps, finding the right tone means buying various pedals and lots of different knob configurations. But with this amp, the right tone is as easy as a twist of a couple of knobs. You can also save your favorite tone, but you can only save two (which is a major let down). This amp isn't noisy at all, even at high levels of volume and distortion, because the amp has noise cancellers within the amp. All of the amp models are true to their description. The clean channels don't get distorted at high volumes. Also, the distorted channels sound amazing and powerful. Most of the effects are great sounding (except for the auto wah). The problem with the effects is they are confusing to adjust and the directions aren't very helpful either. You might want to find someone who knows about the amp show you how they work.

I think this is a great amp. I have been playing solid state amps up until this point, but now I will never go back. I was deciding between a solid state 50 watt Marshall and this amp. I chose the Vox because it had lots of cool effects and I could get a better deal. I love the great tube sound in this amp, and if it ever got stolen, I would deffinately by the same amp. My favorite part of the amp is all of the different amp models. They are great to play around with and experiment with. In my opinion, you can't get a better amp for this price and I have no regrets that I bought this amp.

I haven't had this amp for that long, so I don't know it's capabilities as far as durability, but I've dropped it a few times and it still works fine. It seems very sturdy and rugged. It also has a metal cage over the speaker which adds to the durability. And as far as reliability, I haven't encountered any problems and I don't see it breaking or blowing out any time soon so you can deffinately depend on this amp.

This is a great amp as far as features go. Not many amps have 11 different amp models and 11 different effects and still sound great. There is enough features on the amp to keep you entertained for quite a while. The only problem I have is that in order to Switch the effects, you have to be right by the amp to turn the knobs. To solve this, I would suggest buying the footswitch. other than that, I don't have too many problems.

John_was_here
    I've got this amp and It's f***in' awesome... I love the Flanger and all of the effects (except the Auto Wha.. it truly does suck It also In my oppinion has an awesome sounding Distortion and it's Great for Punk and Rock. I'd recommend it to anyone plus it beats all of the other amps in it's category in my oppinion. Best part is it's loud enough to stand up to drums and be heard. (just though but if you want moe just get the 50 watt version) I might write a review sometime... just too busy right now. THIS AMP ROCKS (even if it's not a full tube amp)
    006schecter
    Its a brilliant amp This is definetly a great amp for practicing, any of the valvetronix amps are great value for money though