AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: Belle Aire Music

This amp is all around great for all styles. From nu-metal to blues, it's always ready, but you've got to know how to set all of it. The amount of knobs and everything shoved into the small space on the top can be somewhat daunting, and will take you a while to get used to. I'm not really sure about noise, because I use noiseless pickups on all of my guitars, so there's never really a problem with that. My favorite aspect of the sound is the chorus/delay setting. The perfect way to make your guitar sing.

This amp is great for anyone looking to record, or do small-scale gigs. If it were stolen though, I'd probably go up to the AD50, 100, or even the head. I went through a bunch of amps before this, and I liked this one the most, in part because of the clean setting. Sounds incredible with the guitars I use. The one thing I would like, would be the 8 ohm speaker input jack on the AD50VT. Other than that, I couldn't ask for anything more.

This amp is built to last. I've dropped it several times, and it never really needs that much done to it. The only problem I've had with it, was when the Input jack came unscrewed, and I had to go fishing around inside of it until I could get it back up, which took a good hour.

Made in 2005, 11 amp types, 11 effects, headphone/line jack, and two programmable channels. Tube preamp, other than that, it's solidstate. Jack for footswitch, but you'll have to buy that seperately. This amp, for 30 watts, is surprisingly loud, and is definately gig worthy. Really, there isn't much more I could ask for, it's perfect for recording, and is great for live performances.