AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: Drone Sound

I play mostly metal-type songs with a lot of distortion, but I do some clean channel stuff from time to time. My guitar of choice is an Epiphone Les Paul Classic. The AD30VT does get me by for the metal stuff in combonation with my Les Paul, plus the clean channel is decent, but not standout. This amp is basically an all-around amp. It doesn't excell in anything, but it doesn't suck at anything either, so I would reccommend it for beginner to intermediate players, especially for its price.

This amp is all around. As I said, it isn't stand-out in anything, but it easily gets the job done. If I had to, I would definately do it again, especially for $245. Whilst at Drone Sound, I compared it to some other low budget Marshalls and Fenders, but considering how high-priced some of those can be, their cheap ones sucked pretty bad so they were really no contest for this amp. I do wish, however, that the conrtols weren't on top but on the front so you could stack things on it but overall, I am very pleased.

I have really only had one incident with this amp a while back. For some reason at random times it would just stop playing. It wouldn't go off, just stop. I took it to the place where I bought it and of course when I got there, it played fine and hasn't done it since. Go figure.

The AD30VT and all of the members of the Valvetronix family are chock-full of cool features for a cheap price. It's a hybrid solid state/tube amp that produces a wide spectrum of sound. The AD30VT has 11 preamp models, 11 effects, 2 programmable channels, and 11 preset channels built in. It has a headphone jack, too. A neat feature is that you can adjust the output wattage so you can get the same sound with less of it. The eleven effects include compression, flanger, phaser, chorus, reverb, delay, tremolo, and many combonations. There is also a setting called "Auto Wah" which isn't all that great. You might as well just buy a pedal or that one. The preamp models are pretty decent, however I wish the "nu-metal" setting had more distortion. Istead, it sounds a lot like the other models. It has decent power, but you won't be using at least the 30vt variety at any gigs, unless it's for your grandparents.

guitardude1039
    lyxzen wrote: This is a tube amp, it just happenes to have a digital modelling circut as well. And as for the ECC83 as mentioned in the second review, it is acctually set up as a push/pull output section (NOT preamp) followed by a transparent solid state amp to increase it's volume.
    Its.Not.A.Tube.Amp.....
    Anchoret
    I was going to buy one of these but was put off by the number -- and variety -- of problems owners were reporting with them on the various guitar fora. The reviews here are negligible because 1] they are written by people with little long-term experience with the item they're reviewing, 2] they have relatively little experience with gear, period, 3] they think electronic reliability is a function of mechanical strength ("Look sturdy! Mongo like!") and finally 4] that on a scale of one to ten, eight or nine is average (this argues for the accusation of shilling more than anything else). I would like to see this item reviewed by mature players who have broad experience with different grades of amps and have used the AD30VT hard for at least a year. That would be meaningful.
    Edodee
    Do you think the people who post a review here are stupid or something? fockin hell man.... Anyway, this amp could be the best thiing you can buy in this pricerange.
    moistfist
    I miked this amp in a big club soundman did the rest I thought i had wall of marshalls behind me, so did a few of the audience, great amplifier.