AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: Ted Brown Music

I use a strat copy with single coil pickups and it can make my piece of shit guitar sound pretty damn good. I like to play punk for the most part and it suits it moderatly well. The amp can get very clean as well as very dirty. There is a lot of variety to get the pefect settings you want. The clean channel can get a wee bit distorted at high volumes but it's hardley anything to worry about. Just make sure the gain is very very very low if not completely turned down. Distortion is not too brutal at all. Just about the right level for the music I play.

Overall, this is a pretty good match for my style of music. This is my first step up from my beginner 0 Watt amp and so far I'm pleased. I have no regrets or problems with it and I'm pretty sure I'd buy it again if it were stolen or lost. I might go up to the 50 watt one though. I love it's versatility and I don't think I hate much about it. my favorite feature is the 12 different effects. I tried out some Fender amps before this and thought the Vox was better. I'm sastisfied with my purchase.

I've had it for 6 months and have not had a single problem with it. So as far as I can tell, I would not need a backup at a gig. I've yet to have anything go wrong with the amp. The only minor problem is with the footswitch I bought seperatly for it. When I Switch channels, it messes with the effects. Either I haven't read the directions closely or mine is screwed up.

This is a very versatile amp. The back of it says it can reach up to 45 watts which I definatly believe. I can play anything from Van Halen to Bad Religion and Eric Clapton on this thing, very versatile. There are 12 presets which you can take and modify using the knobs given. It has 2 channels that you can save as well as 12 differentn effects. You can save two distorted channels, two clean channels, or one of each. What I like a lot about this amp is that if my knobs get turned from where they are supposed to be, you can move the knob back to where you think it was, and a light will indicate whether or not that's where it was. It has a headphone jack in the back as well as a seperate volume knob to help you adjust the volume without ruining your sound. For me right now it has enough power. I just jam with some guys in someone's living room and it's loud enough to be heard over the other guitar and drums. It has a tube in the preamp.

lasse_me77
    Hello, I play a lot of different music. and how would this amplifier handle a really mean distored sound like metallica etc.. ?
    tsmilliner
    This amp is awesome, I just bought one at the GC to check out (30 day return policy rocks)while I am waiting on a line 6 spider III 75 to come from my web order. I think now that I will send that back and keep the VOX. I have a Crate Palomino 16 (all tube)and the VOX has way more tube tone and personality plus all the settings and effects. If you are looking for an all around good buy and cool little practice amp do yourself a favor and check one out. For the money, you cannot go wrong. For the last post, it has a noise gate built in that knocks the fuzz way down if used properly.
    tsmilliner
    I forgot to add, A lot of people have mentioned the auto wah as not being very good. I think it is a misunderstanding of what an auto-wah is supposed to do that makes them dissatisfied. An Auto-Wah is the same effect that used to be called an envelope filter. It is not the same as a wah pedal. An envelope filter is the sound you hear on a lot of the old 70's disco type guitar tracks. Very cool if you know how to tweak and use it, it reacts to whatever playing style you are using with a wah sound hence the term auto-wah. Just an FYI from someone old enough to remember this effect. The old MXR Envelope filters go for $130-150 on ebay (look up MXR Envelope Filter)making this effect a good value if you use it.
    satans_banjo
    This guitar is teh sex!! i'd bone this guitar if i didnt keep getting my balls caught in the strings!
    Johnny2Hats
    i changed the speaker in mine to a Celestion G10 vintage and it makes this amp even better!
    SFSGSW
    Excellent amp for the price. Easy to create some pretty cool tones.
    SGplayer94
    This is a great amp for beginers with a low budget. You can get some sweet distortion and clean sounds. A great amp for a great price.