AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: Opus Music

I play metal mainly (Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica and other bits and pieces of metal bands) though I also like playing clean stuff and I play in my school jazz band and it holds up alright though the clean sound I like doesnt't get overly loud (though it is only a 30 watt) but it does the job). The best amp setting for metal is the nu metal model which gives out a bassy kind of distortion which I have been told has become my signature sound. Though compared to distortion of a Randall or Crate it would get slaughtered, my guitar isnt the best in the world either, I play through a Yamaha RGX121SJ which is stock but suprisingly has an extremely warm and full tone, the amp hums like a bitch if you don't turn the volume knob down or mute the strings (could be thanks to my pickups though) also when you use an effect and then turn it off, sometimes when your just sitting there not playing the effects can still slightly be heard. The amp is excellent for blues playing those and you get some wonderful tones out of it.

I have been playing for four years now and when I bought the amp I had no idea what I was looking/listening at/to and was talked into buying it by the shop salesmen. If I had my time again I wouldn't buy it because it was too expensive for what you get, though other people Who don't play metal swear by them (like the shop salesmen). This amp has served it's purpose and actually helped me find the tone that I wanted to achieve, oldschool enthusiasts and blues players should definately look into this amp, I believe it was worth the money because it is extremely durable. If it were stolen, my heart would drop because atm I don't have the money for a new one and then I would report it missing to the cops (actualy I should put my name on it just incase it turned up in a pawn shop) and hope they got it back. I'm looking to upgrade in a few months... actually more than a few and I have no idea what to get because I don't want something with distortion as bad as this. Great quality amp, great blues and clean tone, CRAP for metal. which is what I need that's why marked it down.

This amp has served me quite well through my endevours. iv only had it about 2 years though it's done some travelling. it's repeatedly transported between my mums house and my dads house every second weekend. Also my school did this thing where we went on an outreach thing to locations quite a way from where I Live playing to schools, salvation army, free gigs and alsorts and played some christian music (pretty heavy for christian music)(or we made it heavy) so it has survived bus travel, soaring heat, mishandling and kept up with 2 other 100 watts. I play in a band which is only in it's early stages so I don't know how it would go at a heavy metal gig yet though for things like rock it's fine, I always play it without a backup and went 10 days of travelling in high Australian arid region temperatures without a backup, survived fine, has a few scuffs and wear and tear marks but that's just natural. One thing that's annoying is when you turn it up past way it changes tone and the treble intensifies and sounds like crap, though you can turn the master voloume up and the normal volume down to fix that problem or just buy a bigger amp.

I bought the amp in 05' probably a bit older. The amp offers a really wide variety of features, from 11 amp models to 11 effects and 2 chanels. It has a power level control at the back aswell as a line out and a footswitch input. Very loud 30 watt amp and keeps up with my friend 100 watt. It didn't come with a channel footswitch was a bit dissapointing though I believe the 50 watt comes with one. The reverb, delay and rotary reverb are used regulary.

Otnip
    I got mine today. I love it, you can get so many sounds out of the thing, and all the effects are highly customizable
    willc72694
    Is this good for post-hardcore/screamo along the lines of from first to last,alesana,thursday etc.?
    rednightmare
    It uses a solid state preamp (which is a good thing cos it allows for digital modelling in the preamp) and a single, dual-triode 12AX7 valve in the power amp section used in the same way as 2 pentodes in push-pull configuration.
    I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who actually knows what this amp is.