AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: Millenium Music

I use this amp with my sleek, sexy Ibanez ARC100. I usually only use the Bridge pickup on this guitar mostly cause it fits my playing needs but if it's a lighter song I'll use the neck pickup. This amp is very quiet but if used with some distortion it will catch some amazing feedback for those certain songs. You can play anthing from acoustic songs (with an acoustic/electric), soft songs heavy songs, uber songs, '80s and '70s, nu-metal, and even modern UK songs. The distortion can be heavy or just add a little bit to your songs but it is not rough at all. Did I mention it comes with 6 different kinds of overdrives and distortion. Amazing!

I am so impressed by this amp the sure power that comes from only a 45 watt amp. I have been playing this amp for a year now and there is no fuzz in the background all the Effects sound clear, and all the different combinations. I am proud to say this is definitely my favourite effects aamp that I have ever played. There is only one thing about this amp it's for full song effects, you can't just stomp on it and it will change. If this amp was stolen I would buy a new one or maybe a bigger effects amp from Vox. There is on thing that I should event for it and it will be: it comes with a little pedal and you preset the effect you want then you steep on the pedal and it will put it on and off but you can only probably use effect with that. Overall I think this amp is great and if your thinking about buying a personal efects amp I recommend this one.

I can depend on this amp in my house but I'm too sure it's big enough to play a Live show. I only use it for jamming and in house practicing. This amp has never broke down and I hope it never will because I am proud that I chose this amp. It will probably last me for years.

This amp can play any style of music you like to. It has gain, volume, treble, middle, and bass control so if you don't like the original sound of any of the presets you can fix it up. This amp gives channels so you can save your favourite mixture of effects and amp presets. The only thing that I don't really like is that it only has 2 channels and I have a lot to save. This amp has 11 effects and 11 amp presets so overall it has 121 different combinations. I have used every singly one. I use this amp in a small room or in my garage and it seems to have a great amount of power so I can be louder than the drums. There is only one problem with this: a guy 2 doors down hates us playing music. When you buy this amp it will probably come with a little thin cardboard shit that tells you how to manipulate the effects. Warning it rips very easily! This came in handy at first so don't put your foot on it. After a while though I figured out the settings.

cuthbertg
    I have been playing for 17 years and have tried a few amps in my time. These days I mainly use Guitar rig 2 and play/Record through my computer. However, I have been using my brothers' marshall mg30dfx for a while and when he turned up theother day to reclaim it, I started looking around for a replacement. By chance I came accross this little beauty and could not believe the price considering the features. after listening to/watching the demos on the VOX website I snapped one up (new) on ebay for 135 inc delivery!!!! I have never really been that big a fan of VOX in the past (les paul thru a Marshall stack all the way)but cant wait for this to arrive. I wish this was around when I started playing - At the time, probably the best you could pick up was a 15watt Park/Marshall and you were lucky ifyou got reverb!
    mondaymonkey
    I need help!!!! i just recently bought a Vox DA20 amp (255) I love it, but im wondering, cuz i have an option to trade it in for 30 days, should i??? I mean, the AD30 is more powerful, and its a Hybrid too. The DA20 btw, has twin 15 Watt speakers where as the AD30 has a single 30. They both have the same effects but the DA20 can go "portable" with 6 C batteries and output only 1.5 watts... sort of useless. MSG me if you have an opinion! PLEASE, i really feel confused.
    James_CFC
    Brilliant amp but... why the hell would you buy it to play metal on? Vox amps aren't made for that...
    mrfrench
    ov-1 : wrote. Half the above reviews are shills. Amazing how nicely they write, good grammer, good spelling. don't trust what you read here. i have no idea whether this is a good amp. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill Thanks OV-1. Forewarned is forearmed and reading through the posts, it becomes pretty obvious who's "shilling". So how the hell does one get a real UNBIASED opinion...?
    maca-venagas
    same. im about to upgrade and this amp is DEFINITELY the one im getting. the only thing im worried about is the gig quality. im not looking for like, huge clubs and outdoor venues, but like small gigs, local parties small cluns, 200 people battle of the bands, that sort of thing. i would really love to get the 50 watt version but im already pushing the budget with the 30 watter at 499 australian. and i dont want to wait till christmas. so how is it for small gigs?
    Mahoru
    ^Yeah it is. Getting one next month or so, as my only all-round practice amp (I'm getting rid of my 40 W SS Peavey, since it's not very versatile and too big for home, but small for gigs. And since for gigs I can borrow a JCM 800, there's no point for the Peavey, then). Just wanna know the last thing about it: will I be able to get a Slash-like sound with my LP out of it (probably with the UK 80's setting)? And a John Frusciante-like sound with my soon-coming Strat (with the Blackface or Tweed, maybe)?
    jerryhendrix
    I'm a little confused with the service from VOX (aka Korg usa). something broke in my amp in late June of 07 so Vox recommended that i take it to their service dealer. I live in Southern New Jersey so the closest place for me to take it was Danny's amp service. I took it there the first week of July and called almost every week after that to see if my amp was done repairs. after weeks of hearing the same excuses(the parts not in yet, I don't know what's wrong with it) from Danny the manager and repair man i decided to call Vox to see if he was actually ordering and attempting to repair my amp this was after 2 months of excuses. I talked with an associate from Vox to see if i could find Danny's ordering records, and surprise there were none, Danny had left my amp on a shelf and lied to me for months. So furious i drove to Danny's amp service to pick up my amp and he had the gusto to say to me that he had to order another part i took my amp from Danny's and never talked to them again. I called Vox after this incident and told them my story, they gave me mailing info and told me to mail it to them. I did so, and went to amp got back to me i tried it out, about an hour into playing a fuse burnt out and i had to send it back again. i followed the same procedure and am now waiting on my new amp as I type. This has gone on too long i dont know who was at fault. all i know is that i dont have the amp i paid for
    jerryhendrix
    I'm a little confused with the sevice from VOX (aka Korg usa). something broke in my amp in late June of 07 so Vox recomended that i take it to their service dealer. I live in Southern New Jersey so the closest place for me to take it was Danny's amp service. I took it there the first week of July and called almost every week after that to see if my amp was done repairs. after weeks of hearing the same excuses(the parts not in yet, I don't know what's wrong with it) from Danny the manager and repair man i decided to call Vox to see if he was actually ordering and attempting to repair my amp this was after 2 months of excuses. I talked with an associate from Vox to see if i could find Danny's ordering records, and surprise there were none, Danny had left my amp on a shelf and lied to me for months. So furious i drove to Danny's amp service to pick up my amp and he had the gusto to say to me that he had to order another part i took my amp from Danny's and never talked to them again. I called Vox after this incident and told them my story, they gave me mailing info and told me to mail it to them. I did so, and went to amp got back to me i tried it out, about an hour into playing a fuse burnt out and i had to send it back again. i followed the same procedure and am now waiting on my new amp as I type. This has gone on too long i dont know who was at fault. all i know is that i dont have the amp i paid for