AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Like I said I'm reviewing this for what it is.Of course it's no Marshall but it's not meant to be. This amp is designed to give beginners a fun opportunity to find the sound they like. I tried other similar amps (Crate, Roland, Line 6) and this was defiantly the best of the bunch. I use this with a Kramer strat copy (unknown model) and it sounds pretty decent. My friend used a start on it and it sounds much better, of course the sound you get will be effected by your guitar. This amp sound best (in my opinion) when at higher volume as lower volume seems to seem more fuzzy and less like real distortion. The distorion seems best on the less intense channels (UK '70s, '80s, AC30) and I can get great acdc, White Stripes and other mid level distortiony band sounds. You can also Switch to the higher channels for a more modern sound. I wasn't as impressed with the cleaner channels but mabye that's just me. The effects aren't wonderful but there fun to use if your just starting.

I am just beginning but my interests lie in classic, hard, and blues rock and this amp serves my needs well. If this was stolen I would buy another one without a second thought. It's great for beginner players and I haven't had a problem with it yet. I compared it to similar amps like the spider and Roland cube and it was definitely superior. I'm definitely going to be using it for sometime and I'm planing on getting another Vox amp once I get better and it's time to upgrade. that wont be for some time though but this amp will serve me wonderfully until then.

No problems so far. I got it returned and it had a few scratches I've bumped it around a bit and it seems like it could stand up to some banging about.

First of all I'm a beginner, this is a beginners amp so I'm writing it from that viewpoint. This was my first real amp (I started out using a computer speaker) and the reason the price was lower then usual was because someone had brought it back and it several nicks and bumps on the exterior. It still worked fine but the store needed to get rid of it for shelf space. I believe it was made in either 2006 or 2007. This amp is great for a beginner or intermediate player Who wants a wide variety of sounds. With the almost endless settings you can get any sound from clear queenish sounds to full on death metal. It has 11 effects settings (wah, phaser, reverb, flanger, etc). No sounds or effects on this are great but they are all perfect for a beginner like myself. The amp is easy to use and after about 15 minutes I had found several settings that I liked and could be saved into the amps manually set stored channels. For the price and sound there's no better deal.

DaPixelDude
    I had a tough time trying to choose from so many different models and brands such as Line 6, but I am glad I found a VOX AD30VT in great condition for about 200 USD which is a great price in Mexico City. This is definitely not valve sound or power specially if you are a purist, but believe me, it will make you happy! Great amp for the money. Dont hesitate on this one.
    EnterIbanez
    Let me say... Good amp. Worth the cash. I have had it for two years and still happy with it. Although i'm in a band now and i need a louder watt amp.. The distortion is OKAY. Nu metal option is prob best for metal. The effects are alright. But but it sucks when you wanna switch channels as you must do them manually... Otherwise a good amp, i wanna go for like a 60 watt next. What you suggest i get?