AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: Herb David Guitar Studio

I am playing an Epiphone SG through a Dunlop Crybaby Wah through an Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone to the AD30VT. As I said before, The AD30VT is by far the best amp for rock and blues styles. That's great, because I mostly classic rock and blues. This amp is almost never noisy, even on it's highest gain setting because it has a built in noise gate that is easy to use. The amp can make thousands of different sounds because of it's 11 amp models and 11 effects that are built in, and there is plenty of variety. The clean channels stay clean at high volumes, but you could make them break up a bit by adjusting the gain knob. Because this amp is the best classic rock and blues amp, the distortions aren't too brutal, but you could by a distortion pedal or try out the new XL series of Valvetronix amps. Overall, the quality and variety of tones make this an extremely good sounding amp.

The AD30VT is a perfect match for my style of playing. I've been playing for 2 years and this is a great match for me. If this amp were stolen, I would probably go for an all tube amp. The 2 other products I compared this to are the Roland Cube 30X and the Line 6 Spider III. The Roland is a great alternative to this if you play more metal, and the Line 6 is good for no one. Overall, I love this amp because it offers the versatility in tone and great sound that no other amp in this price range can match.

This amp is very reliable from my experience. Granted, I've only owned the AD30VT for 2 months, and I've heard that it might have reliability problems down the line, including power failures and unreliable jacks. However, I have never experienced anything bad happening to the amp and I expect that I won't have any problems for a long time.

The Vox AD30VT is part of their Valvetronix lineup, some of the best practice amps out their. My particular amp was made in 2007, and it hasn't ever let me down. This is by far the best practice amp for rock and blues styles. Through the 11 different amp models, the AD30VT can take you all the way from a completely clean sound to a slight crunch to a gainy lead tone. This Amp has 3 channels. You have 2 saved channels that you create yourself and a manual channel that reflects the settings on the knobs. It also has a headphone/line-out jack for recording, and have 11 different effect presets. The only 2 things I wish this amp had were an effects loop and an auxiliary input so you could jam with your mp3 player. Overall, though, it has incredible features.