AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

I use this amp mainly for my Les Paul because it has Seymour Duncan pickups. My pickup configuration is a PAF '59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge with a coil tap. Mostly I use the JB for most things because it brings out the clarity that this amp can deliver. I play the classic things from Stevie Ray Vaughan and Peter Frampton to Deep Purple and Ozzy Osbourne. This amp can dish out the cleans and crunches because of the eleven amp models. The amp can get noisy at times but it is a good thing that this amp came with a noise reduction capability. But don't use too much of it, if you are soloing, the sustain will be cut short very quickly. So use it with the higher gain sounds. It sounds the best in a large room like a garage or outside. This amp has a lot of variety. The "UK '80s" channel sounds just like a Marshall JCM800, for all the old heavy metsl rockers like me. And this amp has a Vox AC15 model and a Vox AC30 model for the Vintage lovers. Basically, this amp is for everyone. The clean channels can be a little distorty at times because you have the gain too high, all the knobs on this amp work with each model so be carefull with the gain knob on the clean settings. The distortion is amazing. The high gain models on this amp are real models of some real amps. It has some distortion modes from twenty-some years ago to todays music.

I play blues, blues rock, classic rock, and early metal music and this amp can do it all without an amp change between sets. I have been playing for six years now and the other amp that I have is a Zakk Wylde mini stack amp from Marshall and it just didn't dish out enough tone, even though it looks so cool. I am completly satisfied with this product. If this were stolen, I would deffinatly buy it again, if I had the money at hand. I love the different amp models on it because they are so versatile. What I don't like about it is that it is quite heavy for a combo amp but I'm used to that already. My favorite feature is either the wattage knob in the back to adjust the amount of the power it gives out or the UK 80's amp model because it is the perfect amp model for any classic metal song. I compared this amp to a Fender at this one's price range and a Peavey too but I chose this one because it has the power a tube can bring with a real tube and it had the price of a solid state amp. Plus it had more power over all. If there was one thing I wish it had it would be a couple more clean and Vintage amp models because a great guitarist can play well and sound well on any kind of amp.

You can depend on this amp for small gigs. Hey, it's only thirty watts. But if you want this sound for a big venue, I recommend the AD50 or possibly the AD100 half stack for the big arena gigs. I probably would bring a backup for this amp though because sometimes you have that feeling that it may not work. This amp hasn't broken down yet. I am glad of that because I have only had it for a month now.

The first Valvetronix came out a few years ago but I just got mine about a month ago. It looks like a new model. This amp has eleven different amp styles. It has three clean channels, three with a little bit of dirt, and the four after those have gain, gain, and more gain. I play mostly everything between blues and classic metal and this amp can deliver the tone that I need. This amp has two programmable channels. Meaning, if you find a sound that you like, you press the "write" button and pick the channel you want it in so you can save it. These amps also support a two button footswitch, one for channel switching and one to turn on and off the effects. I don't know if it has an effect loop, but it does have eleven built in effects ranging from reverb, flange, wah, chorus, and some other effects. I don't think that it has a headphone jack. I wish this amp had some more space in the back for me to add a couple of tubes in it. Even though it has a real 12AX7 tube in the back (really, it does). It does have another cool thing, it has a control in the back that can turn the amp wattage between about one to thirty watts so you can have the master volume on at all times (you should because it makes the tube work better). It has a ten inch speaker and is somewhat a tube amp because it has a tube in it to give it more tonal punch with extras like lots of effects like a solid state amp.

jayb21132
    dude....megallica dude...it is good for playing any style of music thats why i love it.... however the sound is great i had problems with this amp...within the first few weeks of having my amp the input jack fell off....some locktite and BAM!...fixed every once in awhile the amp would short out in the middle of playing.. and finally i used my amp for about 20 mins....then watched a movie...went back to play...BROKEN!!! i wish i could find an amp with good quality, versatility, and durability