AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: Back Alley Music

The sound of the Vox AD30VT is absolutely flawless; a clean smooth sound is always delivered no matter what the settings, volume or power. The sound of this amp is what appealed to me the most when my band's other guitarist used it during a band practice, and I've been in love with that sound ever since. Whatever style of music you love, the AD30VT will instantly deliver a great sound to that style. I simply cannot flaw the sound of this amp.

Overall, I find this amp to be one nice amp, having versatile features that allow you to tweak the amp to your personal preference in music style or sound. I use a Yamaha Pacifica 120S Telecaster guitar on this amplifier and together they both make a great sound, but even my (very) old Vantage guitar delivers a great sound with this amp. If my AD30VT was stolen, I wouldn't think twice about buying it again. There's nothing I really hate about it but I just think a couple more channels would be nice or the tube could be less fragile, but everything else I absolutely love about this amp. Compared to other similar products (30W amps), it's probably the best amp you're going to get for 30W. If you're looking for a reasonably-priced, small-gig-quality, genre-variating, great-sounding guitar amplifier, then I personally recommend the Vox AD30VT.

I can definitely rely on this amp 24/7 to know that it wont fault on me. During a gig, I definitely wouldn't even consider a backup amp knowing I have the trusty AD30VT with me. However, it's durability still leaves a lot to be desired; the tube inside it appears to be very fragile and even a gentle knock on the wall can cause the tube to become faulty, therefore creating a little fuzzy sound when you play. The tube can be easily repaired though and the rest of the amp is as sturdy as a rock.

I believe the amp was made in 2004. Personally, I play a whole variety of genres ranging from acoustic, punk, rock, heavy rock, metal, blues etc. and this amp is by far the best amp I've ever used period. It has 11 different amp models, making the style of music instantly adaptable at the tweak of a knob, manual settings and 11 different snazzy effects that you can customize to your preference. The only downfall is that the amp only has 2 different channels of which you can save your custom preset to each, however I find that during a song I only need 2 and you can alter each channel as much as you may need. The Vox AD30VT's best asset for me is the power breaker dial it has on the back, allowing you to adjust the amount of watts the amp uses. This way, you can have it on full volume giving the amp full kick, but keep it quiet using the power breaker. Another unique quality of the AD30VT is it's filament tube, delivering great sound but making it slightly fragile. However the tube can be replaced for a cheap price.