AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: Musiciansfriends.com

I use a Zion Radicaster, with Tom Anderson pickups. Very unknown brand but very good. This amp really fits any music style. I am in to clean stuff and then I can go heavy in to Metallica. (Old Metallica) The cleans are good, not the best but you can get some nice tone out of it. The rectified setting is not the best in quality but it sure is a monstourous sound. The Uk 70's I use a lot but I wish it had more versatility in that setting. Just a little more gain flexibility would be nice. It's also very bassy so turn down the bass and crank up mids and highs. Clean remains clean and some of the distortion can get pretty ripping. It actually normally sounds really good at a high volume. This reflects it's tubiness.

It's a good match for me. Fits my bluesy, to metal styes. I've been playing 5 years and I own all crappy stuff besides for this and my Zion. If it was stolen I would buy the 50 watt, but I probably won't have enough money so that doesn't matter. I love it's felxibility, but the effects are ok. I wish you could kind of mix and match them. The only other competition for the price is the Spider III. I think that this is more of natural sounding and doesn't sound too modeling. I would take this anyday. It's overall pretty decent.

It hasn't broken, I would use it without a backup. It's pretty solidly built and I wouldn't worry about it.

This amp is pretty good. It's really versatile, because it's a modeling amplifier and can go from super clean to a heavy rectifier. It has to customizable channels, which is actually really useful for a small amp like this one. There could be 4 but it's ok. I actually use it to play in a band but for now we just practice, it's enough to get by, but if you really want a good amp for a band get at least a 50 watt. Don't be mistaken though, it is not a tube amp. It's a hybrid. It's supposed to be more clear and sound like a tube, which I can't say is exactly accomplished for this price pretty good.

HighPotency
    Great amp. I haven't had any problems with mine. I got is used and saved $100. I highly recommend this to people that play clean, classic rock, hard rock, modern rock, and some metal. Nothing that will melt your face off with gain but still gets some good metal tone.
    jblittlefield
    Owned this amp for about a week before I took it back for a non-modeling Vox. This amp sounds terrible (at least to my ears). I own a LoneStar Strat, a Jim Root Tele, and an Ibanez AFS-73 and none of them sounded good through this amp. Very muddy, bland tones, and horrible background hiss at high gain.
    lloyd91
    i have vox velvetronix ad30vt-xl i would like to trade for velvetronix ad30vt i play blues and rock but not really metal.. xl for metal..anyone?
    guitardude8888
    s_greenway wrote: which is better for playing metal like a7x? this or the XL version
    not sure coz i only have the ad 30 vt, but from either of these amps you probably wont get the best tone for heavy metal.
    s_greenway
    i actually get awesome metal sounds from wicked end solo syn gates style and seize the day to crunchy heavy palm muting sounds
    KeithNC
    Okay.... Roland Cube 30x, Vox Valvetronix 30, Marshall MG30DFX, Line 6 Spider III 30, or the Orange Crush 30r?