AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: Gamlins Music Centre

There is one really bad important drawback to this amp. The speaker I'd absoloutely rubbish. The speaker is good with the clean sounds but when you get to the distorted sounds it's a completely different story. The treble is really harsh and is brutal to your ears. Personally I prefer the sounds that come out of the Line/Phone output on the back of the amplifier. I would definitely recommend a speaker change. People say that a Celestion G10 is a good choice for this amp. On a good note the effects are good on this amp especially the chorus, reverb and delay effects. The eq is different on every amp model so I would recomend buying a seperate equalizer such as the Boss Ge7. Equalizers tend to sound better in an effects loop. Here is a link to a site that has the instructions to adding an effects loop to your AD30VT. Only attemt this modification if you are certain. I am not responsible for damage to you or your amp. I have found several good sound which only sound good when tou use headphones.

This amp could have been great but it isn't. They missed out extremely important such as the rubbish speaker or the fx loop that would'nt cost Vox much at all. If they added these features and boosted the price up a tiny bit it would have been great, but it's not. I hope this reveiw has helped you a lot. Thanks.

It is built really well. I have experienced no problems like jacks falling into the amplifier or anything like that. It is built like a tank. Would I use it on a gig without a backup? No. I wouldn't gig with it any way. I have had no reliability problems with this amp at all. It certainly isnt the reliability that lets this amp down.

The amp has many features. 11 amp models and effects are loads. There are plenty of knobs to change the effect parameters. There are 2 channels to save the patches you have created which is not really a lot. I would have liked to see an effects loop in this amp. It wouldn's of cost Vox a lot would it. There is plenty of power in this amp to play against a drummer in a band. There is a 12AX7 tube in the power amp circuit making this a hybrid amplifier. There is also an attenuator on the back of the amp and beside it there is a jack where you can plug in the optional foot Switch (Vox VFS2). As there are only 2 saveable patches.

im_bored
    KeithNC wrote: Okay.... Roland Cube 30x, Vox Valvetronix 30, Marshall MG30DFX, Line 6 Spider III 30, or the Orange Crush 30r?
    it depends what you play, but definately rule out the spider and mg