AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

I have used it with a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and the two worked very well indeed together. Usually I play light rock when playing rhythm, but I do play heavier styles such as AC/DC and this amp handles those tones well. Also you can get a good punk sound out of it. When playing with the Pacifica I got ok tones when I was playing lead, but when I played with a better guitar (Cort M600) it sounded amazing.

Overall this is an amazing little amp. It costs 130 quid, just 30 more than the Marshall or Spider amps, but it outclasses them in every way. You get such value for many in being able to produce so many different tones and combining them with many different effects. It is a fantastic amp and is definately suitable for bedroom practice at almost any level. Definately it is the bes cheap amp that money can buy.

I've had this amp 2 years now and I have never had a problem with it. I would gig with it without a backup and have done. Although if I had the money I would replace it with something a little better to gig with, but with a new amp would have to come new effects pedals so the cost would be high.

Made in 2005 this is a hugely versatile amp. It has 11 different amp models on it combined with a ton of effects. Comes with headphone jack at the back and it has a tube pre-amp, so not just solid state. Despite the size it is a very loud amp, more than enough for bedroom practice and large enough to handle small band practices. The variety of tones you can get through this amp is very good. The clean although is very good is not amazing. However this is only when compared to much more expensive amps. Other amps in the same price range like the Marshall mg range, Lin 6 spider amps, they do not even compare to his amp. It is a very good amp, my first amp was a Marshall mg and after that broke several times i replaced it with this. It showed me wht a fool i was buying the Marshall as the sounds this amp came out with were astonishing and at the time i was only using a cheap Yamaha Pacifica 112.

boozin_monk
    how does this amp sound for led zeppelin songs? is it better than the orange crush 30r?? cheers