AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

I mostly use it with a single coil equipped stat, and this amp easily brings out it's classic tone. There are 11 different amp models in this thing. But my favorite are the boutique clean and the US hi gain. It's suit's my styles (stated above) extremely well. Barely any unwanted noise comes from this thing, even when using the heaviest amp models. The clean channel never really gets distorted at high volumes and belive me, the distortions on this amp can get brutal!

Like I said, I play most rock music and it is a great match.I've been playing for about three years now and I know a good amp when I hear one! I also own a Fender Mexican Stratocaster. There is nothing I wish I had asked before buying this wonder of an amp. If it was stolen I would definitely buy it again! I compared it to the Marshall MG series, the Line 6 Spider series and the Peavey Vypyr seried and this was definitely the best. Again I only wish it had a seperate Reverb! All in all I love it's tone and precise imitations of the famous amplifiers and only dislike the fact that there is no seperate reverb knob!

I can definitely depend on this amp in almost any situation. I would defnitely gig with it without a backup. It's never broken down and there are no signs of it breaking down. Just be sure to change the valve every 2/3 years or so. Don't worry, you'll have no reliability issues with this amp!

This is a great amp! I'm not sure what year it was made in but it seems fairly modern. This is an extremely versatile amp, I play Blues Rock and heavier sort of stuff bt you can use it for basically anything! It has 2 channels which are very useful. I only wish it had a seperate reverb knob! I think I use all the features. This amp is great as you can select the wattage output so you can play in the bedroom and at performances. I mostly use this amp at home bu I think it easily has enough power fo a Live gig. There is an effects loop and a headphone jack. Although it is not fully valve, it does have a valve in it, greatly helping it's tone.

the_hoodster
    I have had this amp for a number of years now, its great, unfortunately, it is just starting to break. Hopefully I can get the AD50VT!
    sewoo55
    roland cube distortion sounds very "digital" and man-made. if u want an "analog" kind of distortion go for vox or peavey
    blenk
    yer this is a great amp, hopeing i can get the new 50watt version some time soon so i can have more than 2 channel
    phil2004
    im_bored
    phil2004 wrote: i've had this amp for about a year now and i love it!! does anyone know if it's reliable in the long run though? I read terrible reviews on one website, almost all of them giving it a 5 or less for reliability, getting me worried that the circuitry is going to fry... the reviews here tend to differ and i dont know who to trust
    If you're just using it for practicing you should be fine, if but if you turn it up close to its max I guarantee it will break, mine did.