AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

Purchased from: GuitarGuitar Glasgow Store

I use both a Meixcan-made Fender Stratocaster and have a Dean (seymours/dime) and BC Rich (EMG81/80). The clean sounds are very pretty, and are very tweakable with the EQ. the more hi-gain do not sound very impressive when trying to play metal, I fix this with an overdrive, this changes the amp's metal tone dramatically. So don't expect brutal tones without help from an overdrive. The amp itself is pretty quiet, even with pedals. It has a built-in noisegate that's Adjustable using the bypass/tap button, and although the effects can be confusing, adjusting does not take long to master. There's 11 effects combinations, I've used 4. (5 if you include the noisegate) They suffice.

This amp is a great price, It's loud, it has great variety of pretty sounding cleans, and easily tweaked effects. With an overdrive pedal this pedal can play older and more modern metal. It's so much easier with the footswitch, which I shoulda bought ages ago. I love how it's more impressive than other amps in it's price range. If it was stolen I'd be pretty annoyed indeed. I've played through it for 4 years and never needed to upgrade, A half-stack is next in line for me.

The amp has always worked and stayed faithful. my friends have sat on the input, and it's collapsed inside. I've had to unscrew it all and fix the input from the inside, which is a bit fiddly and frustratingly long, but if you keep your friends off it, there's no problem whatsoever.

This amp I've had for around 4 years now. It has lots of amp models, admittedly I use the metal, hi-gain channels and in the event of clean sections there are many varied sounds for clean. It has two channels, in which you can store the model and effects used, and the EQ/settings on each. It has a master volume, and a channel volume. I don't use the effects much, but I DO use the Built-In Noisegate that is very useful to me seeing as I like higher gain and my pedals. It's known as a hybrid, and it does sound rather good when compared with it's competitors in the same price range.

MaggaraMarine
    We have this amp at our band practice place and I can tell you that I'm not impressed with it at all. Too bassy and boring sounding to my taste. I think it's wanna-be warm sounding, doesn't sound like a real tube amp, it just lacks something. Not the warmth, though, I found it too warm sounding. I actually found Marshall MG with Fender Strat more interesting sounding, maybe because of its twang and punch and simple sound (I know you are going to hate me because of this). This just lacks something like all the digital amps and processors I have tried. Just buy a real tube amp and you'll never regret it! You don't need 100 different sounds. Just find your own tone and use it for everything. That's what I have always done and it has worked.
    MaggaraMarine
    jblittlefield wrote: Owned this amp for about a week before I took it back for a non-modeling Vox. This amp sounds terrible (at least to my ears). I own a LoneStar Strat, a Jim Root Tele, and an Ibanez AFS-73 and none of them sounded good through this amp. Very muddy, bland tones, and horrible background hiss at high gain.
    This was what I also thought when I played through this amp (BTW. Sorry for double post).
    cliff niesen
    I have a Valvetronix 40 watt vox amp. Can aome tell me how to get that metallica sound from the Album Kill 'em All. I almost had it. plaese if some one tell me how to use this amp Thank You.