AD30VT review by Vox

Vox: AD30VT

I use a Fender Telecaster with original pickups, and play '50s to '80s country, as well as '70s and '80s rock & rockabilly. I fooled around with some hard/punk rock sounds and got some very nice AC/DC, Def Leppard, etc. from it. I was amazed at how clean a sound I got from my single-coil pickups. You can get the distortion way way way out of my comfort zone with basic setting changes. The clean is clean and the dirty can be very dirty. With all the amp selections and effect options, finding the perfect sound for a particular song is almost a certainty.

As a modeling amp, it is well suited for most any style of music, from rhythm strumming to grunge. I've been playing for 20+ years, and this amp honestly just amazes me (again, bang-for-buck). I would definitely buy this amp again if lost or stolen... In a heartbeat. There are certainly better amps out there, but for the money, this amp is the best I've played. It has just right amount of heft to feel durable yet remain perfectly portable. If you are looking for a Jam session amp, you shouldn't pass on this one.

It seems to be very durable, but I am pretty careful with me gear so I can't say how much so. It is well-built and top knobs help prevent door Jam damages. I bought it used and have never had a problem with it at all. It's in the same shape as the day I bought it. It's not so heavy that it's prone to being dropped when carried, and not so light that it rolls around in the trunk or pickup bed when being transported. It isn't prone to tipping, and the knobs and switches are well-protected. I would use it on a gig without backup in a circumstance where getting a backup would really put me out of my way. I mean, c'mon... why would you honestly do a gig without a backup amp or guitar?

This amp is loaded with Bang-For-Buck! A modeling amp with 11 amps and 11 effects, it is not only well suited to a beginner but to all levels of guitarists. IT has plenty of power for a practice amp, and probably enough for garage band gigs. I use it as a practice amp, as it's sturdy and very portable. It models tube amps extremely well, and has two channels for storing settings. You need to buy a foot pedal separate to effectively switch channels and bypass effects... For that I remove a point. Only having two channels of stored settings is the other drawback, but I feel it is offset by the detailed tenability of the effects, which allows casual players to forego purchasing effect pedals.