AD50VT review by Vox

Vox: AD50VT

I have a standard stratocaster and my old amp wasn't doint it justice, but this thing makes it sound great. The sound quality is fantastic. Unlike my last amplifier the clean channel is clean through and through. I specifically checked the clean before I bought it to make sure that at high volumes it wouldn't sound like shit, and I was surprised to find that it remained soft and clean even when turned up to extremely high volumes. The only problem is that when I switch the pickup settings sometimes it makes a soft fuzzy noise on some of the settings. It doesn't take away from the sound and you can barely hear it, so it doesn't bother me at all. The distortion is good, it's not amazing but it's powerful enough. If you played heavy metal this amp probably wouldn't suit you.

I play a wide variety of stuff and it works great, as I said. I've been playing for a year now, and I wanted something a step up from what I had. This thing is like 5 steps up. If someone stole this thing I would hunt them down and gut them with a nail file and if I couldn't get it back I'd go out and buy one just like it. I love the sound quality and the versatility, my favortied feature would be the preset amp models which are amazing. I compared to other amps in this price range, and their was no comparrison, this thing is great!

I've only had it for a day so I haven't really seen how dependable it is. But so far its worked flawless I bought it off the floor at guitar center so it had its fair share of playing, and it sounds great now. So I'm positive it will hold up. If I were gigging I wouldn't think twice about having a back up, you just won't need it.

This amp is AMAZING! It has 11 different amp models that give you soft bluesy sounds to powerful crunches. It has two programmable channels and a load of effects ranging from auto wah, to chorus, and reverb. It is so versatile and it suits me well. I play a lot of Beatles and indie stuff as well as Zeppelin and AC/DC, so I needed something that was going to be versatile and quality and this thing is just great. I am in a band, and my old amplifier just couldn't match up to my friends drum set, which is kinda sad. I went out and bought this one and it has more then enough power.