AD50VT review by Vox

Vox: AD50VT

I used my '66 Fender Mustang (2 single coil) to this and since I mostly listen and play elder rock music like, Zeppelin, Black sabbath and for thar it is perfect. The amp is quiet, altough I never cranked it up but it I don't think it's loud at all. Sounds as said it can give you what you want but if your after metal sound then look at a Marshall instead, this amp don't do that really high distorted sound to good but it give you ok sound with metal but clean and rock sounds are what this amp can do better than many other valve amps that I tried.

Rock music is all I need, this amp is perfekt for it, but as said it is "clumsy" I think. I've been playing for about 3 years soon and this was my first serios amp. I own nothing more than my Fender, my Line 6 Spider II 112 (yes it sounds like a crappy switch) and DigiTech Grunge distortion pedal, I got the distortion pedal to get that metal sound I wanted, the "grunge" name is more like "metal." Since I wanted something easier to play with just at home I traded the Vox for a Line 6, Line 6 can't even compare to the sound this amp can give you but Line 6 is so much easier and still delivers a good sound for me, you may call it a downbuy but I just want I good amp that I can practice and play with my friends at home. But I really think you should try this amp, it's wonderful and gives you what you need. I can't complain, that amp is well worth its money.

As I started to say, the amp broke down after 2 days witch of course was so upsetting. It was somekind of very small explosion in some circuit or something that made it smell burnt and the sound just diedbut I turn it back and they said I just had some reeeeally bad luck, so I got a new one and got more time to check it out, and when I realized how hard it was to get new tone fast, came the problem. I wanted something that would be easier to use.

Not a good start for me and Vox, after 2 days it broked down. It was brand new (late 2005). But we talk about that later. This amp can give you as good as all sounds you want, from amazingly warm clean to metal. It has abaout 12 differnt amp models and and 2 programeble channels to save your sound(2 saves for every amp type). I cant say I missed any effects or so, there was more like to many, it was like Comp+phaser, chorus and everything. Auto-wah (not good) and reverb. The power is more than enough for me, 50watts do good for home use. I think it would do great for rehearsing with your band but 50watt is of course not enough to play a gig with. I must say it do is a bit hard to use, the problem I had was that when I saved 2 sounds on every channel I went back to play some rock, started out with some nice clean sound and then switched to the another amp style so I would get my rock tone but when I changed it, it was still clean sound coming out. What I had to do was to press the channel button for the amp to change to the saved sound I wanted. So for me it was not easy to use, kind of "clumsy."