AD50VT review by Vox

Vox: AD50VT

I run my crappy starcaster which I got from costco but it sounds pretty nice anyways. It has all single coild and meh like I said it sounds ok. Cleans come out nice the dirty stuff aint all that. For the person who is into cleans this is thier amp. I realy dont get the is it noisy but it's loud, this amp has 11 dif. amp models as stated. I haven't had the chance to turn it up to see if the sound would crack up yet. Distortion as also stated is mediocre.

I really don't know if I got the right or wrong amp I was debating between this and the Roland Cube. I thought I have single coils so might as well go clean because I wont be getting a guitar for a while. This is a so-so match for me. I am like at 7 or 8 months of experience but yeah it's a great amp for a beginner. I wish I would have tried this amp and the Cube before I bought this. If it were lost or stolen I really don't know I would probably go get a Cube just because I would want to try something else. I love how loud it is all the amp models and effects. I dislike the fact that it doesnt have a good distorion model to suit me. I love the nu-metal it sounds awesome. I have compared ot it the cube and well this one won because of more map models more effects and the hybrid factor. I chose this because of the awesome cleans I like jazz so yeah. All I wish is that it has a better distortion model and this would be the perfect amp.

This amp is very very dependable. It has I think a metal grill protecting the front. And yeah its pretty heavy about 50 pounds I think. I would definitly use it at a gig its my onle amp. This amp has never gave me trouble and I doubt it ever will.

I don't know when this amp was made but it's clearly a new model. The AD50VT is a great amp! I was hoping for more of a "dirtier" sound. This amp will not provide any hardcore/metal/etc. all the heavy stuff. For cleans this amp is awesome. This amp has twp channels and you can Switch through them you can save your program to the amp but only two. There is a headphone jack for whatever you wanna do. I wish this amp had some more "dirtier" sounds so I could fulfill my needs but its ok for that much its still a great amp. There are about 11 amp models and 11 effects. I realy don't use all of them I just pick out a good clean one and a good distortion one. I'm using this amp in my bedroom and wow I cant even turn it up lol it knocked my acoustic guitar to the floor (thnak God it's still ok). Yeah this thing is loud! I think it has a tube its like a hybrid I don't know lot of controversy on it. Also this model exclusively comes with a Celestion speaker.

mulletman500
    Bascially from what I've read, it's great for rock and clean tones, but crap for metal distortion. Hmm... let me suggest something: don't buy one if you're playing metal or else it won't be what you want. I've just bought one, but haven't had it long enough to write a review, but it's great so far.