AD50VT review by Vox

Vox: AD50VT

Purchased from: Koster Muziek

I use on this amp my Les Paul Ultra from Epiphone all stock with the Alnico classic pickups. It fits my style and that is classic rock and mainly punk (Ramones, Sex Pistols, Misfits) I love the UK80 (preset) because that is the emulation of a JCM800 and that is what Johnny Ramone got at the last ramones gigs. It's still my own sound influenced by Johnny. It's not noisy at al it gots a noise reduction so tweak him some higher with lots of gain. In clean I don't do much clean sometimes on some amp settings the clean is distorted (AC30) the rest clean settings are very clean (I am talking here about working with the presets) The distortion is on some amps brutal and on some amps low, on the UK80 and UK Modern and higain and the nu-metal it is very brutal.

Its great for my music: punk and classic rock. I play now for 4 years 2 years in band. I would by another one maybe some more watts (not that this isn't enough). All the features are great on this more than one amp sound and more effects then I ever will use. The noise reduction is also very good. For example when I am sitting in my room I sit or stand next to my amp and it helpes the amp vs guitar noisy sound. Hope I helped you in your search for a good amp.

Got this amp for a view months didn't did a gig yet with this one, so there It is a suprise for me. I rehearsed with the band in row so it will make it to a gig I suppose. So I give it a full 10 because I think it wil make it looks like a good amp that can be abbused on stage.

The features, yeah what can I say, 11 amps and 11 effects. The amp types are 2 Vox types the AC30TB and AC15. There is some Fender stuff a Blackface en Tweed, and also some serious Marshall 3 types a JCM-800 and a JCM-900 and a newer model. And somekind of Metal amp. There are some more. About the effects that are builed in, I am not a guy that's using them alot I use them sometimes when I am fooling around in home or practice room. I like the auto wah for the hendrix voodoo chile intro, just for fun, some delay is handy also some chorus, rotary speaker and some reverb and comp is there. There are technical 11 effects but not holy true, because some effects keep returning in combination with a another effect, like chorus/reverb but you also got a chorus and reverb as single effect. I like the amp types because, when I first got it it helped me great with finding a new sound that was improving my old amp (Peavey Special 130) and about the effects, just for fun for me. I wont have to buy some. You can change the thickness or BPM with a button. It also got a knob on the back to Switch to diffrent volume settings. So practicing in home can be quiet, I prefer above this a headphone. Because its not overcoming my heavey strum. When I play with out it. If I play with out headphone at home I set it on 12 o'clock sometimes 15 o'clock. Vox made this feature in order to set your master fully up where ever you are so the valves remains a nice quality sound. Also I like the channel switch you can store your made presets.

Gibson_Rocker13
    is the 50 any good for gigging? cause i want one but i dont know if the 50 can handle medium sized giggs
    Orangeslsk
    I bought one today at Dawsons, came home, played for 2 hours and damn thing burnt out. Nasty smell followed with buzzing... Maybe it is just my bad luck...Tomorrow, going to see how that warranty works in practice...Maybe,the other one will be functional
    mr_j_o
    defenetly not for metal players. My friend owns one and i've played through it. It seemed a little difficult for me to dial in the tone i wanted but i got the hang of it and its a very nice amp. as for using it for a small gig i would say it would hold up defenetly but for medium i'm not too sure, but i would say it would hold up ok.