AD50VT review by Vox

Vox: AD50VT

I use it mostly on the Nu-Metal Setting with the delay on my Epiphone Les Paul, and it sounds amazing. I can play anything from prog to metal to hard rock to classic rock on the delay/nu-metal, and still have room to improvise. I was able to get an amzing clean sound out of it, and a weird flange effect that sounds like the doorbells people use on halloween. Almost all the effects, when completely maxed, can create some weird effect (except the auto wah-it sucks). However, my only other qualm is that the amp really has only three good amp channels: nu-metal, boutique OD, and UK modern (which is good for epic- played on the ryhthm pickup sad '80s solos).

This amp is amazing for the price range. Its effects sound nearly good as the Boss GT-6, however, its amp modeling and distortion doesn't get anywhere near the GT-8. It is also extremely loud, and for that reason I would scale it down. The AD30 is probably enough, and if this amp were ever lost/broken, I would get a cheap amp and the GT-6, because it has better modeling technology.

I can definately depend on this amp. I jsut used it for four gigs this weekend, and it has survived many more than that. Its sound has not suffered, and it only has a couple of dents in it. The only issue with it is the amp sometimes develops a mind of its own, and chooses to play a different sound than the one you've selected.

This amp has some of the best features available in a single amplifier, it is a multi-effects processor trapped in a 50 watt speaker. It has 11 effects, and 11 amp modelings, also allows you to store 2 sounds and has 11 preset channels. The effects, however, are mostly centered around the reverb (chorus/reverb, tremolo/reverb, etc.)and it should be able to allow to mix some different effects on your own.