AD50VT review by Vox

Vox: AD50VT

Purchased from: Musik-Service Aschaffenburg

I'm using mostly play strats through this amp but I also tested it the Jackson of a friend of mine. Sounds absolutly superb, no matter in which seting. It suits my style perfect, I'll show you my favourite bands and guitarists: Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, The Beatles, Stevie Ray Vaughan, AC/DC, The Rolling Stones and a bit of RHCP and Incubus. It's a bit noisy with single coins at higher volume at the high-gain channels but do you know any amp which isn't?

I've been playing for 2 years and I play blues, blues-rock and some hardrock. I play strats it's perfect for my style of playing. I guess metal-heads would find a better amp for their music but for me it's great. I was able to compare this one to H&K Attax 50 and a Line 6 Spider. By far this one kicked them. It just sounded more "real" because of the tube. I'd buy it again because it's sound is the best you can get for J400.

Actually this amp killed my soundcard after when I wanted to record a litlle piece but I guess that was just bad luck and expect for that it's pretty neat. I use this amp without a backup and I can't imagine braking this one. I'll give it 5 because it killed my soundcard as I told you.

This Hybrid-amp features a 12" speaker, 50 Watts of power (which are enough), 11 amp-modelings, 11 effect-modeling and a noise gate. You can chose 2 of your favorite amps and footswitch them. The effects can also be bypassed per footswitch (Vox VFS-2). It also features a Line and a Speaker-out. It comes without a FX-Loop but I don't mind since I'm not the FX-maniac and the built in effects are great. I use this one as a amp for gigs and for practise with my band. It can get really loud, at least enough to make your drummer cry like a baby (I did).

guyperson
    I just got one, and it sounds very nice. I'd definitely recommend it. Btw, it's really loud.
    Tuxy
    Bit Muddy, But I dont play Metal Higain Even if i did i'd just buy a Overdrive Pedal From Boss