AD50VT review by Vox

Vox: AD50VT

Purchased from: Sound Control

I mainly use the nu metal, uk modern and AC30 settings for my set. I mainly use a Jackson RR3 through it and play mainly metal and also rock and blues. My guitar is fitted with Seymour Duncan Humbuckers, (JB TB4 at bridge and Jazz SH2N at neck), and through this amp handles all styles well. The Sound is very good at all volume levels including the distortion at low volumes. The amp has a range of sounds from a bluesey sound to a hard hitting distorted sound. I play music from the likes of Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold and I can get whatever sound I like from this amp. I personally prefer the UK Modern setting for rhythm work and the nu-metal amp setting for lead and solo work and the Ac30 as a clean channel. All in all you can get whatever sound you want from this amp and it is great for musicians Who play a diverse range of genres.

This suits my playing style of a modern metal scene spectacularly. I have had comments from band members and even people of the older generation saying how good the sound is and its range of diversity. I've been playing for over 2 years and it has been superb through my learning and performing. I have no regrets from buying this amp and I would definately buy it again if it was lost or stolen. I love it's ability to cover a range of genres without having to have dozens of effects pedals and constantly having to change settings to get the perfect tone, it does it for you. The only thing I would change about this amp is so it could have at least 4 channels rather than just 2. But overall a brilliant amp for any guitarist of any magnitude. I loved using it learn and I still love playing through it now.

I have had this amp for nearly 2 years and not once have I had a problem with it. I have ran through the rain with it, left it in the van overnight and even knocked it once or twice bringing it up and down the stairs and there isnt the slightest bit of deteriaration. The metal mesh at the front is still in perfect condition! Built to last, this is one amp I think I will keep for a long time.

I bought my amp at christmas in 2005. I play metal, rock, some blues on my AD50 and it suits all. It has 11 different amp settings and 11 different effects including flanger, reverb, delay, tremolo and autowah. It has a tap setting with which you can set your own tempo for each effect. The amp only has 2 channels which is a bit of a downside if you play various genres in a band situation or if you use multi-effects in a song. The footswitch is simple and easy to use, switch 1 switching the channel and Switch 2 turning effects on and off, which can be a bt annoying when using an effect on one channel and then wanting to change to the normal sound on another (i.e. you have to turn the effects off and the change the channel). I use this amp to play at smaller venues such as pubs etc. this amp certainly has enough power for these gigs, I even used it in a school hall for a gig and it was brilliant, didn't have to mic it up at all. It also has an external out socket which I assume can be used for wiring up to a cab? This amp has been excellent at Live performances as well as recording, the weight of it is off-putting to some but it is well worth the extra effort.