AD50VT review by Vox

Vox: AD50VT

I use this for metal but a bit of soft rock and some punk and some folk and some. I use this amp for everything basically and it works well all the time. I love using it for the heavier part of my repatouir because the distortion is so gorgeous. At high volumes the clean is absolutely perfect, no crackling whatsoever. I usually use this at home though and get plugged in straight from my pedal for gigs, and it serves well as a practise amp which I mainly keep at 25 watts.

Definately a good match for metal, even though I got it to play softer rock (yes that's right, I'm a converted metalhead). I'd buy it again if it was stolen. To get a better amp than this you'd have to pay at least 3 times the amount I did, which I know some people have but for this amp. I compared it to the Line 6 Spider II 30 and it was better, but I think it's only just better than the Line 6 Spider III, and now my mate is hyperventilating because he's just bought a Spider. Overall great amp, worth the money I paid, worth the money I know others have paid, perfect.

I'd definately use it without backup because it's never cut out on me in the year I've had it and I've only had one gig with my band so far (Decorum) www.bebo.com/decorum-music or www.myspace.com/musicdecorum, sorry, I like to advertise. I never change the tubes, valves or fuse and it's still as good as the day I got it.

Amp made in China I think and is relatively new, a bit vague but frankly I don't care because it is a great amp. It has 11 presets and 4 different channels which all give a slightly different sound. Being a half-tube amp you can turn the wattage down to as low as 1 or as high as 50 and the quality of sound is still the same. I wish it could be more like a pedal with the ability to make your own sounds (like my Korg AX100G) but it doesn't matter because that would bumb up the prics a lot.

slashnzakkrule
    -rizzee- wrote: ahh i want this but im not sure if its made for metal anyone know if is?
    Get the XL
    HELLSHREDD
    You Bozo , Line6 spidervalve has 2 settinds for metal & then if ya want nu-metal there are 2 settings for insane , i tried both amps cuz im into metal & this amp ruled over vox, have fun always wanting more gain ya losers, LMAO
    turbopunk2000 wrote: This amp just kicks, not great for metal but good for punk or other kinds of rock. I bought this over a line 6 and I'll never regret it