AD50VT review by Vox

Vox: AD50VT

Purchased from: Sound Centre

I use a crappy Cort strat copy, and am currently saving for a new guitar. But never the less, the Cort sounds pretty damn good with it. I thought it might be a bit shoddy, but it was fine. Sounds awesome. It suits my style very well, because of the range of sounds you can produce. When I first got the amp, and whenever it was set on manual, it would make this awful squealing sound whenever I came in contact with the strings. I took it back, and they told me it was because of my settings. My power level was turned down, with my volume up, and the treble up. I had my settings all screwed up. It has a wide variety of sounds, because of the 11 amp models, and I love it. The distortion is pretty awesome on this, and especially with 11 amp models to choose for the distortion. It sounds fantastic.

I think it is a great match for what I play, because it has a lot of versitility, and that's what I like. At first, I wasn't sure whether to choose a Marshall 50w, but the Marshall 50w doesnt't have as much versitility, and you get that one Marshall sound. When I was buying this amp, the salesman gave me a lot of informtion on the amp, and I brought my guitar in and tried it with every effect and every amp model. This definetely helped. If it were lost or stolen, I would 100% buy this again. I love it to death. There is not really anything I don't like about the amp. It gives no feedback when I'm close or when I'm playing the amp. If there was one thing I would change about the amp, or add to the amp, I would add a bit more distortion and add some different effects. But, all in all, this amp is awesome!

I would definetely use this in a gig. I would definetely depend on this amp to get me through a gig. I've only had it for about 6 weeks, so I haven't had any problems with it, apart from the squeal, but as I said, because of my settings. It has a metal grill on the front, so if you chuck it in the back of your car, or knock it over in a concert, it will stay fine, unlike other amps with mesh on the front.

This is a fantastic amp. The Vox AD50VT suits just about everything I play. Like Guns n roses, led zeppelin, to Metallica, the ramones and Deep Purple. it is PERFECT for each one. It has 11 authentic amp models to choose from, 5 clean and 6 distorted. The distorted models are especially good, because you can pretty much flick to them, and play an awesome sound. These types are UK '70s, UK '80s, UK modern, numetal, US higain, and boutique CL. They all sound fantastic. For any style you play, you can choose one. I don't use the 5 clean channels as much, because I love the heavy distortion. The amp has 3 chanels, Preset and Manual and CH1 & CH2. My amp came with the optional footswitch, which I've heard in some cases you must buy seperately, but it works awesome. It has a headphone jack and a footswitch jack. I play in a band with this amp, and it is definetely enough. It has pre-amp, so it's louder then your average 50w. You can also change the power output on the back, so you can turn it all up, and keep quiet, without losing that awesome sound. It has that awesome valve sound which I love, without the price of an actual valve amp. The amp also comes with 11 built in effects. They are not the best quality effects, some are great, but they will definetely do if your not into using effects pedals. The auto wah sounds a bit dogdy but that's about it. I only use about 5 of them with the songs I play.