AD60VTH review by Vox

Vox: AD60VTH

Purchased from: Rhapsody Music Mankato

I home built my strat-style guitar, which has an H/S/H pattern of pickups, and use an Ibanez Toneblaster 412 cab. I have a ton of effects, like Whammy, EX-7, Boss MD-2, Boss BF-3, Dano Fabtone, Boss PH-3, DigiTech main squeez, DigiTech Weapon, And DOD chorus and Envelope filter. No matter what knid of music you play, this amp can model the tone your looking for. It's even made most of my effects pedals useless! It can get noisy during loud jams and with lots of gain (espesially on recto, US highgain, and UK '80S amp models). The clean channels only get distorted when the "volume" knob is way up. my favorite feature is the ability to turn up the "volume" knob and still have the amp be quiet because the actual volume is controlled by a knob called "Master Volume." The Distortion can sound however you like, with pefect simulations of '60s and '70s distortions, or modern, uber metal, highgain distortion. This amp can make a ton of sound, although you can sometimes get a lot of nasty feedback.

I play a fusion of ambience, jazz, blues and make it all into one heavy rock ball of crappy music. And you know what? This is the perfect amp! I've been playing for a long time, and I like to prtend that I know my way around a fretboard. I don't. This is always going to by my main amp. the only thing I might do is change it for a 120 over this 60 later on, for when I get to the big time rock shows and play sold out arena concerts with the amazingly boring Green Day, because this can only power a full stack (only) and the 120 can power 4 cabs But for now, this (suprisingly lound) 60 watt-er will hafta do. It's got everything I could possibly want! Thank you Vox! I'm still discovering interesting little things on it every day!

Um, don't through it out of a boat, unless your looking for the one way to destroy it. This thing is very very durable. No back up needed! I can literally jump up and down on the top of this thing, and the only thing that happened was I got a shoe print on the top and I bumped the master volume.

I beleve this is a 2002 Model, British Made. It doesn't matter what you play, this here amp has got you covered. There are 32 different channels pre-programmed into it, and all of them can be changed, but not added. What I'm trying to say is that you can over-write pre-loaded channels, but there are only 32 total. The pre-loaded channels are all good, covering tones from Zeppelin (Large Led Balloon), and Sabbath (Nativity In Black) all the way to Metallica (Puppet Master) and AC/DC (Angus Beef). There are outputs for direct-to-mixer, headphones, and 2 cabinets. There is even a power selector (1-60 watts) and an Ohm Selector. It came pre-loaded with EVERY concievable feature I could think of (alot of effects, amp models, and a "pedal" section), but the noise reducer never seemed to work much. The effects loop is present in this model (there are two loops on the AD120VTH) the only feature I don't use is the "bypass" feature, which bypasses presets and only goes by what the knobs actually say.