AmPlug Metal review by Vox

Vox: AmPlug Metal

Purchased from: Mark's Guitar Shop

I'm using an Epiphone SG Special with stock pickups. It's great for metal. There's not much noise, but on high-gain settings, my palm mutes will randomly get loud and clip after a little bit. Still, the tones this thing makes are great. There's no actual clean tone, but it is made up with the extremely brutal distortion.

I've been playing about 2 1/2 years, and I play metal. This thing is great for me. If I lost this, I would buy another one. Other than the 1 tone knob, I love this thing. I love the heavy distortion, though. Compared to using my Line 6 Pocket POD and my Zoom G1X, this is much smaller, more portable, and requires less batteries.

I'm not sure if I'd trust this on a gig. 1/8" jack plugs are not nearly as secure as a 1/4" plug would be. It hasn't broken after being generally careful with it, though. The batteries also last pretty well for me. I haven't seen any signs of damage on this, either.

This headphone amp has all you'd need for practicing metal. There's three controls: gain, tone, and volume. There's a line in and a headphone jack, both 1/8" jacks. I don't like the idea of 1 tone knob, though. But it only need two AA batteries to work, and it's very small.

Ro734
    xHellbound wrote: ZakkWylde9123 wrote: can u use it with out headphones? I was gonna ask the same thing. I'm looking for something that I can use while sitting at my computer, that's not headphones only. =/
    Nope