AmPlug Metal review by Vox

Vox: AmPlug Metal

Purchased from: Sam Ash NYC

I use a Les Paul Epiphone Special II equipped with Ernie Ball Beefy .11s. I keep my guitar on the Bridge pickup because my guitar's cheap and it's the heaviest pickup on it. It can be noisy, but it also depends on the type of headphones you're using. I use KOSS DJ headphones (can't remember the exact model) and it gets a louder the more you turn up the volume and distortion. The distortion is pretty brutal, but kinda fuzzy as well.

I play a lot of hard rock, heavy metal, thrash metal, death metal, metalcore, post-hardcore, and a little grindcore. This is a great match because of how much distortion it has. I've been playing for a little over a year, and the only other amp I have is a Line 6 Spider IV 15, which I love. If it were lost or stolen, I would get another one since it's sound is solid and it's portability fantastic. I love how it sounds and how portable it is, but what bothers me is how much bass it has and how the distortion can get pretty fuzzy, although it is very good for the price. My favorite feature is how it has an AUX In port because I can connect my iPod to it and rock out to my favorite songs with out having to playing them on my laptop. As for it comparing to other products, I haven't tried any other headphone amps, but for now is my #1 choice.

You can depend on this for private practicing and playing. You can't use this for a gig. It's new and has broken down at all.

I have no idea what year it was made in, but I'm guessing 2011. It's good enough for me to practice/play on, and doesn't have anything fancy like different channels since it is a headphone amp. It does have a headphone jack, obviously lol. I wish it had a wheel for controlling the treble, mid, and bass. I use this amp at home mostly, but also when I go to my grandparents' house since carrying a full sized amp is a pain unless I go for a few weeks.