AmPlug Metal review by Vox

Vox: AmPlug Metal

I have the PRS SE Santana, an Ibanez RG 760 from 1989, a 1990 Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus with an EMG in the bridge and a Burstbucker in the neck and Grover tuners, and a 1991 Gibson Les Paul Classic. Noise level is nothing to playing an overdriven valve amp, easy enought to control. Pick squeals and harmonics are good not great, but then I have a Blackstar that just screams like a banshee so the comparison is not fair. I love it because its easy to set up and play anywhere. The name is metal and that's what it does. You want clean buy a country amp.

I've been playing a long time maybe older than the trees used to make my guitars. I'm a shredder and this amp keeps up and even have a slapback echo thing that I love and would try to capture in the studio. This little guy made to me and I dig it. I would buy another if I broke or it got gone somehow. When I use I'm smiling, Ain't technology great? Good job Vox!

Don't have it long enough to rate, I'm worried I'll snap it or something. Its really light and plastic. Can I gig with it? Umm no.

I was surfing Ebay, and saw a PRS SE Santana, the new with the birds for CHEAP. I bought and in the gig bag (will be replaced the Santana merits a real case) was this little Vox thing. Hmmm, I said lets try this baby out. Never even thought about ear pods or phones, I unplugged my Altec Lansing computer spears from my laptop and plugged em into the Vox. I freaked out. It was kicka-s. My speakers are pretty loud and this thing drove them all the way. Sounds great low too. Didn't even know I could hook in my Ipod and Ipad. No idea what year it was made. Single channel, I'm a headbanger so till I read it here. This is the sound I require and it nails it. It took a couple tries to dial in the sound I wanted but overdrive city!

zxzr750
    Ive found the best way to use it is to plug it in through my stereo's auxilary jack. It works well with both my bookshelf and home stereo. Waaay better than using it through headphones. I no longer have to struggle with my mesa trying to get a decent sound at low volumes.
    TheShredifi
    JoeVro/BCRich
    TheShredifi wrote: Can ANYONE tell me if this will work with a jackson warrior? I'm wondering because i would like to pick one up but the plug on the guitar is leveled inside the guitar. (like all Warriors) Please help me out. Thanks!
    It will my friend has a warrior and this fits perfectly
    LRCGUITAR
    [quote=foo_diddles]I mostly play metal on electric (acoustics are for clean sounds)[/quote] naww man I don't believe it!
    Dark_Iran
    I BUY vox amplug metal. I love it nice for practice with headphone.cabinet is not good for high gain ,headphone is than better