DA15 review by Vox

Vox: DA15

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

I'm using a Kramer Striker, with H/S/H configuration and this thing screams with high gain settings. In my personal opinion, this amp could suit anyone's needs, no matter their styles or genres. This amp goes from smooth cleans to soaring high gain with tons of sustain. In my opinion, the distortion settings are what did it for me. It is a great addition to any musicien Who needs a good practice amp.

I love this amp. It's amazing with my setup, and it just screams to be used. I chose this amp over a Line 6 Spider II it's that amazing. You don't get quite as much distortion as the Spider but its still enough to kill some eardrums. The only thing I would prefer would be if the footswitch came with the amp as a package ($50 for the Switch) but companies gotta make their money. If lost or stolen, I would definately buy another one, as it is a relatively inexpensive amp compared to others of the same stature.

I cannot say how reliable it is, because I have only had it for a couple days, although so far I haven't had any problems whatsoever.

This amp was made in 2005, and great band for it's buck. In my opinion, it can be suited to just about everything under the sun. There are 3 channels, manual and ch. 1/2. The two channels are presetable, so it's good for the show. There is the ability to switch all the channels and bypass effects with the footswitch (sold seperately). There is no effects loop, which would have been nice. The headphones jack doubles as a line out, so you can use this through a power amp. I am very satisfied with the features, tons of effects and selections available.