Pathfinder 10 review by Vox

Vox: Pathfinder 10

Purchased from: Instrumentshoppen

I use a Samick guitar with S/S/H pickups. It suits my style pretty well, although I would have liked a more "bluesy" overdrive. I play mainly blues/blues rock. The amp can make some very crisp, warm sounds that I like very much. The overdrive/distortion is pretty brutal, but it's too heavy for my style. Overall, this thing sounds great!

I play mainly blues/blues rock, and it's a good match. I prefer this to my old Marshall MG30DFX which cost 2-3 times more. I also have a Line 6 POD (which I plan to sell) and an old Boss DF-2 distortion pedal. If it was lost, I'd hurry out and get another one! I love it's looks. Very retro in a funny way. I "hate" the overdrive channel, it's too heavy for my tastes. I love the retro brown knobs. I also compared this to a Fender Frontman 15R and a Marshall MG15CDR. I choose this one because it got the best reviews and it sounded convincing in the shop. Still, I would have liked a reverb, but it doesn't matter, because I will soon get a proper multieffects pedal.

I've only had it for about a week. It seems realiable enough.

I play this amp through the clean channel, using my Boss DF-2. It also has an overdrive channel, but I don't use that very often. I does have a headphone jack and line out. I would like to have seen a reverb on it, but not at this price I guess. I use the amp at home, and it has plenty of power for practicing.