Pathfinder 10 review by Vox

Vox: Pathfinder 10

Price paid: A$ 120

Purchased from: second hand

I have an Ibanez RX40 and an SX Telecaster which I play through this. The amp gives a nice, warm sound on clean, which makes the Ibanez sound a lot less artificial than other amps I've heard it through. Makes the Tele sound awesome. Only problem is it has a relatively low max volume on clean. Overdrive easily doubles the volume, but gives lots more buzz, especially with the gain turned up. This amp suits my style and what I use it for perfectly.

As above, I play blues-rock and classic rock, and this amp works just fine with these styles. It doesn't fit metal or anything heavy, just sounds wrong coming out of a Vox. It's not very big or powerful, definitely a bedroom amp, but it does it's job just fine. It's be good if it went loder on clean, but I really have had no problems at all with this amp. If it broke or was stolen I'd probably get another one.

Amp is pretty sturdy, but it's really not big enough to gig on. Maybe a really small gig if used on overdrive, but if you're gigging you really need something bigger than this. I've had it for 8 months and haven't had a single problem with it.

My amp was made in Korea, but I haven't been able to date it, probably less than 10 years though. I play blues and classic rock, and it handles these just fine. Has overdrive, which gives it a nice crunch, and it goes LOUD with the gain turned up. It's got a single Vox bulldog speaker, dials for volume, bass, treble, headphone jack, all pretty standard for a small bedroom amp.