Pathfinder 10 review by Vox

Vox: Pathfinder 10

Price paid: C$ 50

I use it with a no-name ES-335 with? Humbuckers, and it sounds great, and with an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus with Alnico V Classic humbuckers. It sounds great on both guitars, and both channels. The overdrive is pretty rough, it suits me perfectly but for people looking to play pop-ish rock it may be too much. I've heard it is a very pedal-friendly amp on the clean channel, but I haven't had a chance to test it with anything save for my Boss Overdrive pedal, so I can't really say.

Overall, I love this amp. My next amp with DEFINITELY be a Vox. If it was lost or stolen or if it broke I'd rush to the store and buy a new one for $120.00 + tax without a second thought. This is the best beginner/practice amp I have ever played or heard. Nothing compares to it at the price, not the cheap Fenders (good amps in their own right) or Marshalls (kind of a let down until you- hit 300$+ territory). I'd also like to comment on the aesthetic construction. The face of the amp is very good looking, I'd be proud to have this sitting in my living room. The grille is made of study feeling fabric (with something behind it I guess) with beautiful green and red weaved Diamond patterns. The gold stripe on the face is also metal, I was very impressed by that! The logo however is plastic, but oh well, no loss there. Overall this amp looks effing awesome and everyone that's seen it has commented on how vintage-cool it looks. I am going to rate it a ten despite the few shortcomings because quite honestly, Vox deserves it and they crush the competition. Well done on this amp!

I wouldn't use the amp at a gig because it is simply too small unless I was playing solo in a coffee shop or something. I wasn't the first owner, my friend was, and I don't know what kind of care he took of it. I remember being at a party at his house one time and some drunk guy kicked it over from behind while doing a Pete Townshend impression. I also dropped it myself when bringing it home. Oops. The amp works perfectly, and it seems really sturdy. It was built really well, you can tell from the quality of the buttons and switches and knobs. The only thing I wish that was made differently was a detachable power cord. I'm worried one day it'll get bumped by one of my dogs and get crushed or pop out. The nice thing is the cavity for the chord is big so it can fit nicely in there.

I bought this amp off my friend for $50.00, he quit guitar. He'd paid $120.00 (I think) for it, and that would have been a bargain! I'm a beginner guitarist, I play for fun. I've just got a few songs under my belt and play once every few days but this amp makes me want to play more. A LOT more. It has two channels, clean and overdrive. The clean channel sounds great with my hollowbody ES-type guitar, very crisp and well, clean. It also sounds pretty good with my Epiphone Les Paul. The overdrive is where it really shines. I have a Boss overdrive pedal that sounded great on my old amp, but it sounds like crap compared to this amp's overdrive. The Boss pedal is since dusty and will probably be sold. The overdrive sounds absolutely awesome and is perfectly suited to the type of music I like to play (The Who, some Foo Fighters and Soundgarden, etc). The amp is REALLY loud for a 10W, on overdrive it's louder than my friend's 25W Traynor. For a practice environment it's great, it's even held up in some jams against a Marshall DFX30 at the 5 setting. I only wish it had a Mid control, rather than just. But for what I paid for it, it is STELLAR!

aleczleija
    vox pathfinder 10 vs orange crush 10 , what amp of this 2 have better clean tones and go better with pedals?