Pathfinder 10 review by Vox

Vox: Pathfinder 10

Price paid: A$ 100

Purchased from: Music express (Local Music Store)

I use a Casino Stage series guitar with standard pickups. (just your standard pickups for a cheap guitar.) As I said before, It actually will do Hard Rock and Metal decently well. BUT THE BIGGEST THING THAT AMAZES ME IS THE AMOUNT OF DIFFERENT TONES YOU CAN GET OUT OF THIS AMP! Absolutely astonishing how much you can get out of this amp. The ONLY PROBLEM is when the Drive is off, and the gain is low, it is very quiet. And suprisingly you can have the driveThe Drive is decently brutal. When people say "you get what you pay for" that is all total bullsh*t when it comes to this amp.

I love this amp, the tones on this go from smooth cleans to heavy distorted sounds and everything inbetween. Brilliant amp, Distorted it can play super quiet and not lose any overdrive, and play pretty loud for a small amp. But if you want to go even louder, I suggest you go for the pathfinder 15. The only problem I have is the volume of the amp when the gain is low.

This is pretty much the only amp I use at home, I have never had a problem with the amp, it sounds nice all the time, it also looks very nice! Obviously I wouldn't gig it unless I was on my own in a small crowd. After all, it is only a practice amp. And a bloody good one at that.

The features are pretty impressive for a practice amp. It had your standard treble and bass controls, (no middle) gain and surprisingly a good overdrive setting. For a VOX, this Drive is pretty good, I play mostly Hard rock and Metal. Sure, it's not the best suited amp, but it actually does a pretty decent job of it. And the price is amazing. Worth every dollar.

CCgunner
    Should I get a Vox Pathfinder 10 or a Roland mini cube for an Ibanez RG350M for practicing only in my room?
    timur.kharrasov
    hey guys! urgently need your advice. I need a proper amp, preferably with proper distortion, mainly for home. what to buy: Marshall MG 15 dfx (2004 year, 40 eur), vox pathfinder - hardly used, 50 euro, or Soundking ak20 ra, hardly used as well - 35 euro. its urgent! looking forward for your advice! thanks in advance!
    virtute.et.labo
    The Vox is better for blues rock than the Marshall.That Marshall is a bit flat and doesn't quite reach where you'd want it to go.The Vox is more flexible and you would have to back off the volume and gain for blues (which it's perfect for).Don't know about the Soundking.
    rv_phoenix
    Vox. Clean tones aren't Orange's strong point. And there's another difference: Pathfinder 10 is a simple SS amp, decently emulating an all-tube. Orange Crush is a digital modelling amp, provided with crappy digital pre-sets. Take the Vox, my friend.
    nikk97
    I am the person who wrote the 'unregistered' reveiw... Now that I have had the amp a little longer, and had more experience with other amps, If your going for metal, go for a different amp, there is nothing wrong with this, but it is pretty average when it comes to overdrive, but if your looking for a clean or crunchy tone, you really cant beat it for the price. Also, don't buy single coil pickups if you want to play metal, they suck. I would be perfectly happy with my guitar if it just had a bucker... everything else, i could fix. so if you want a cheap guitar to fix up, buy one with a humbucker instead of just single coils. It's better if you have both
    mratinho
    Vox pathfinder 10, orange crush 10 or orange crush pix 12L? Wich suits better some blues rock?