Pathfinder 15R review by Vox

Vox: Pathfinder 15R

Purchased from: Harris Music and Sound

Not only does it have the classic Vox low, rumbling distortion... it has an excellent range of tone. It only has a 2 band equalizer (treble and bass) which usually makes people think that this is a piece of shit. I can't even describe it in words. Note: I use single coils (standard Fender strat) and humbuckers (sd invader).

I bought this amp about oh. A year or so ago. As soon as a walked in the store, grabbed an ax, and plugged it in, I was highly impressed. I play the blues, punk, classic rock, metal, and everything in between, and I haven't had a problem with playing any of them. I've been playing for 2 or 3 years now. This was not my first amp. My first amp began blowing more and more as I progressed in playing and I finally lost it one day and went on a quest for the perfect amp. That is how I came across the Vox Pathfind 15R. If the price is more than I paid, you can probably negotiate it lower if you're buying locally.

I won't lie to you, I've never had to tour or gig with this amp, only jam with friends and stuff, so if you buy it and use it for that, feel free to tell me all about it. Note: I gave it a rating of 4 for reliability but that can vary.

It has a couple of built in effects (overdrive, tremolo, reverb). It'll pump out whatever style you throw at it (except country). It has channel switching for the overdrive and tremolo. You can do it on the amp or purchase the pedal that plugs into the back. Some people hear that the amp is "15 watts", don't let that fool you, it pumps out plenty of power for a jam, especially if you buy the cellestian speaker version for a bit more.