Valvetronix VT100 review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT100

Price paid: € 400

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I play mostly hardrock like Guns 'n Roses and Creed, some metal like Metallica and Alter Bridge blues and clean like Clapton and The Animals. My guitar is a Epiphone G-400 Faded into an Boss ME-70 from there it goes into the amp. And I can't get enough of the clean tones from this amp. Even without the extra eq from my ME-70 it sounds great. All the Vox models sound great and I found them very useful. The distortions on the otherside; it doesn't matter which preset I used, I couldn't get a good sound out of it. In my opinion the presets lack the gain and the bottom end, even with the bass turned all up. I ended up using this amp the same as my old Roland Cube 30, using my ME-70 as an distortion chanel and also on there a solo setting as my solo setting. Thanks to this, the amp screams, grows, ands sings. I always have the 4 band eq on the pedal on, and gives me great sounds. Without that eq, the amp would sound not as shiny, brutal or mellow as it could be. One thing on this amp that also shines are the build in effects, I think the delay is realy cool, and you can make it sound like The Edge or Brian May, or just leave a short distortion with or without flanger or chorus. The only thing that is noisy is my guitars neck pickup. I can hear a little hum nothing more. This amp has enough power to be heard in a small pub. It shouldn't give any problems. I gave this a 7, because in my opinion, without distortion pedals, this amp hasn't any balls or bottom end. But still very good and usable clean presets also this thing sounds clean like heaven.

I am an allround guitar player and this amp suits me well. I've been playing for 9 years and it does it's job very well. I wished it only had more brutal distortion. For more options I couldn't have asked because that is the reason I bought this amp. I am absolutely in love with the sparkling clean channels on this amp. I was disappointed with the distortion presets. If I would lost it or if it gets stolen, I would probably buy a Bugera amp of some sort.

I can easily depend on it. And I haven't got any problems with this amp. It seems to be well constructed. It's all I can say. It is nice people can upload the presets they've made to the Vox website. You can look at the presets and get the same sound as the peope who uploaded it.

This amp was made in 2008 I believe. This amp is a modeling amp, and has 22 equalizable presets. On top of that has this amp 11 onboard effects and an seperate reverb for each preset you make. If you make a sound you like, you can store it in one of the 8 banks, which are footswitchable. This Amp features Valvetronix technology, which means there is a 12AX7 (ECC83) Tube in the power amp circuit.

georgyyy
    Great great great amp! I love this machine! i have to admit that when i made the purchase i was a bit confused cause my style doesn't follow the hard core metal rivers... however this amp is great"i must say maybe better" in the clean sounds...i just love the ac15TB ...oh my god that a sound!!!! Draw-backs...IF i say IF you play through the presets only it is likely to plug in the loop input an EQ"i have a low cost behringer". without it you must notice that the sound lacks of highs or "as i read it over internet" like you have a blanket in the speakers...and that's all! i don't consider the weight as a drawback... With the pedals i must admit that i'm not very keen on using them but i've plug in the EQ the BOSS metal zone and the chorus and the crybaby "i'm not sure if it is correct to plug them in the loop input...maybe i should plug the chorus and the metal zone direct to the guitar"and it is just perfect. The thing with the differences in the volume is only for the presets... in the manual mode the volume is stable. the foot-switch is perfect if you save the sounds in the same volume through manual mode! using the foot-switch for open/close the effects and etc is fine. Overall a great amp! huge variety of sounds/tones. Too heavy and a bit messy with all these amps and effects.