Valvetronix VT15 review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT15

I am using this amp with a Stag Tom Delonge Strat copy, with one seymor duncan invader humbucker pickup at the bridge. The guitar doesn't suit all my styles, so I'm buying an Jim root telecaster soon, but however the amp suit's all these styles very well using the preset channels and the effects creating the ultimate sound using the tube amp sound, for your music. I would however suggest you replace these tubes with ruby tubes if you want more of a metal sound. This amp is noisy! All of the pre-settings are extremely loud, even when the volume dial is on near 0. It's one powerful little boy. I play it in my bedroom, and I need to put it on basicly zero and turn it right down. I also play it in a garage, where I can turn it to just underhalf way and it drowns the bass and other guitar, so you can see it's loud, and I expect it to gig soon. And I have no worries about it. Ok, so the amp has basicly 12 effects, reverb, delay, tape echo, chorus+delay, compression+delay, compression and chorus, chorus, flanger, phaser, rotary, tremolo and pitch. It is amazing what you can do with this amp. It will play any music and gives you great oppertunity to create your own music. The clean channel does not get distorted when it is loud, but can be done but slipping up the gain. The distortion obviously has a wide range of brutalness, there are differnt distortion settings ranging from a slight upbeat distortion good for things like The All American Rejects all the way to the most brutal distortion you can get, and all that's in between. You'll have to play about with it. It also has a Tap button, where you can tap it, say, 4 times then it will play a bass beat 4 times repaeted behind waht you are playing.

It's a great match for pretty much any music, people think they are better off with a Marshall, but your wrong, they sell on their name, unless you have a big double stack it's not worth it, and a Laney amp only gives you a good sound for metal, this Vox is supreme. I own an acoustic, a Kray bass (which sometimes I do put on) and a Stag Tom Delonge Strat copy, which is amazing, I will do doing some work to it, getting a Fender strat neck and headstock, replacing the machine heads and bridge too, only because I want a Fender. But cheeper. I bought this at the same store as my amp, and I love them both. If you can get to it, go! I asked question when I was buying, but as soon as I played it, I loved this amp! If this amp was stolen or lost I would go right back out and buy it again, althoguh there are cheeper models, this is waht I want! I love all the effects on it, but mostly I love the one channel at the top of the dial that is perfect for playing everlong by Foo Fighters. I don't hate much about this amp, but at first it is really hard to understand it fully. Unlike a Marshall which is simple. I compatred this to a Marshal MG series 80 watt I was using for a good while before this. And a limited edition silver Marshal 45 watt, also a Laney valve amp (I was also very impressed by this) but I chose this because of the perfect clean sound it gives, and the wide range of distortion it can provide. It's effects were waht decided it for me though. I do wish it had a hall effect, that would be nice. But all-in-all, it's a great amp, and I advise if you like playing a wide range of music, buy a Vox!

The amp is reliable, I trust it completly and I would gig it without a back up without question, it's solid, reliable and will give you taht perfect sound each time you play. I've not had this amp too long, but it's never broken, never had a problem with it. It does take about 7 seconds for the tubes to warm up, but this is no problem.

The Vox Valvetronix VT15 was made in 08, well at least mine was. There has been a long line of these amps due the the major populatity and comes with a Vox 12AX7 valve reactor circuit providing the tone power and feel of a good tube amp. This amp, practicaly has it all, it's just amazing. I tend to play a wide range of music from blink -182 to Slipknot to Metallica to Muse and it works so well. It has 22 pre-set chanels, half clean and half distorted. These can be chosen using a dial that selects the channel and then you press the 'preset mode' button that allows you to play it, these preset channels each have 3 different settings of their own which changes the thickness of the sound by pressing the 'preset mode' button again, changing the light from green to Orange to red, and back again. There is a 'manual mode' button where you get to play around with the gain, volume, treble, middle, bass reverb and master. It also offers 11 effects + reverb, so basicly 12 effects come with this amp, which I will talk about in the sound section and I constantly change these about for my different styles of music. This amp will also let you save 4 channels of your own, so you can save your own sound!