Valvetronix VT15 review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT15

Purchased from: Deluca Music

The guitar that I use with the amp is a Aria STG (which is basically a cheap Stratocaster) with single coil pickups. It works pretty well for the styles of music that I play on it, I tend to play hard rock, blues, experimental, jazz, etc. Single coil pickups tend to buzz constantly when you're not playing but that's not the case with this amplifer. The only time that I notice the pickups buzzing is when I'm facing an electronic or metal device (I.e. Computers, televisions, drumsets). Because of the built in effects on the amp, there are hundreds of different sounds you can get on the amp. The clean channel is relible, there usually isn't much distortion on the clean channel when playing loudly. The distortion isn't super grungy but it gets the job done. I don't play very much metal so this doesn't really concern me.

I play most every genre except metal and this amp is great for all of them. I've been playing guitar for about two years now and I own an Ibanez Acoustic, B\.C\. Rich starter amp, and an Aria STG electric. I had no questions before buying this product and no questions after buying it, it's a very easy amp to use. If the amp were stolen I would definatley buy another one, it's a very fun and great amp. I love everything about the amplifer, my personal favorite feature on it has got to be the Auto-Wah. it's sound very nice and is fun to use. I compared this amp to a Line 6 Spider and I found this one to be a better buy. The only thing that I wish it had was a Twang effect.

This amp is both reliable and durable. I've brought it to numerous gigs and had it for a generally long time and I've never had a problem with it. It's had it's share of dings and bumps and it's never effected the amp in the slightest bit. It is very nicely built, the frame is strong and very durable. I'm a cautious person so I would bring a back-up amp to any gig but if I were to only bring one amp, this would be it.

I'm not exactly sure when the amp was built but I bought it new last year (2008) so I would imagine that the amp was constructed sometime like early '08 or late '07. The amp has a wide array of effects and distortion so it's easy to play a lot of styles of music. There are two different programmable channels on it and you can Switch back and fourth between the two simply by pushing a button. There is also a headphone jack on the back. There are a lot of different effects on the amp (Auto-Wah, Compressor, Compressor + Phaser, Compressor + Chorus, Chorus + Delay, Chorus + Reverb, Flanger + Reverb, Tremolo + Reverb, Rotary + Reverb, Delay and Reverb) but it doesn't have twang which is the only effect I wish it had. I use this amp with my schools jazz band which is a 30 person ensamble and I constantly have to turn it down so it's more than loud enough. The amp is a tube amp so it takes a minute to boot-up but that's never given me a problem.

RickyDude
    I find the 'buzzing' or background noise these reviews mentions can be stopped or significantly reduced using the 'noise reduction' function. For those who own one, hold the by-pass button down and turn the the [Edit] dial up or down to reduce/increase the level of background noise
    Sacrebleu!
    Has anyone compared this thing to a Peavey Vypyr? I'm wondering which is best...
    moshtradomus93
    i have the VT 30 which is like th VT 15 but thirty wats instead i used a fender strat and a ibanez RG its ok but i like to play Detuned in drop B in such and i get a weird bouncy noise when i open palm mute thats my only complaint other wise its great!
    Shaunfromtheuk
    Can anybody comment on the song presets particularly the layla, crossroads, sultans of swing and pride (in the name of love) effects on the VT15 model?