Valvetronix VT15 review by Vox

Vox: Valvetronix VT15

I've played many different guitars on it. Most of all I've used my Fender Stratocaster Special from 78 which sounds amazing, 3 singlecoils. Then I've used my Fender Jaguar Blacktop with two Humbuckers. The humbuckers gives a really fat smooth tone which I use alot for distortion rhythms. There is some hum sometimes when I use it on high gain, not grounding problems but I never play with very much gain and if I would I'd get a Noise gate to keep it quiet and even without a noisegate it isn't that bad.

As mentioned before I play indie, rock, some funk and blues. Pretty much everything. When I don't play own songs or with band but covers I play The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, RHCP, The Libertines and alot of other bands. I've played guitar and bass for about two years and I own another Yamaha amp and live I play the Yamaha or what they have there (don't gig that much). there's nothing bad bout this amp if you don't play metal or very distorted music. Wish it had a 1/4 headphone jack though.

It's very stable and feels like a brick, not the weight part but its solid and would easily survive a gig. I've had it for about a year and it has never broken down on me: I've never experienced any problems with it.

Before I got it my friend had it and he lost all the papers and the pedal but I think its made 07 or 08. I play Indie/rock. Its good for everything, doesn't give a perfect distortion for metal and I wouldn't recommend it if you play metal. 4 Channels, enough for me and 11 effects. If you want effects I'll recommend buying pedals to it cause the only good ones according to me is the chorus and tremolo. Sure the effects aren't bad but you don't get much different sounds on the effects. I only use this at home but its for sure a really good amp and I would use it live if I didn't have a better amp. The 15 watts are perfect and the distortion is amazing though not metal distortion, good for me.

Leep_dog
    I still have my VT15 and I still love it, in fact I grow to love it more and more every day. I recommend skipping the artist presets and using the amp like a conventional amp. Set it on an amp model you like in manual mode and then tweak the knobs to your taste. I use the Fender and Vox models and get some fantastic tones. This is a great practice amp.
    JordanFrew94
    I have this amp too, if you're having trouble with the volume, reduce the wattage by turning the knob at the back. You wont get such sweet tones out of it but you'll also save your eardrums and there wont be any buzzing etc.
    rob0101
    What dimebag says doesn't make sense. From the Vox page: "There's a headphone output that can be connected to headphones or to your mixer or multi-track recorder. Since the tonal characteristics of the cabinet are applied to this output, the sound will not be impaired even if you make a direct-line recording or listen through headphones, ensuring that you continue to get that great spatial depth and character." So, how could you not be hearing the tube sounds if the recording from the headphone jack will get you the full sound?